Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if i can take the motor from my 87 Nissan Maxima, V6, and put into my 85 300zx.........Is this possible? if so, can anyone tell me what it would take to do it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
z31 is rear wheel drive and maxima is front wheel drive.... even if you can it will be cost you tons of money.... but its not worth it....

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
z31-84 said:
z31 is rear wheel drive and maxima is front wheel drive.... even if you can it will be cost you tons of money.... but its not worth it....

(Not as hard as most) It doesn't cost near as much as many other swaps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the info, i think i might just be able to pull that off. I printed out the instructions. Tearing up the engines is probably going to be the longest part? the 300 z is my moms, but it's engine is no good so she told me if i put an engine in it I could have it. sweet car, so hopefully i can do this.

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
z31-84 said:
The motor he is talking about is virtually identical to the Z31's VG30. Please know what you're talking about before spouting off.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
(Not as hard as most) It doesn't cost near as much as many other swaps
SKD seems to have forgotten all our conversations on Maxima engine swaps. It's the same %$#@^&* engine! ;) In fact, until recently I was fairly convinced I had a Maxxy swap, all the signs pointed in that direction. Now, I'm not so sure.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Well I didn't know if anything such as belt wise or if the hard radiator pipe was different, wiring lengths and all the small stuff that can get to you after a while.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
Well I didn't know if anything such as belt wise or if the hard radiator pipe was different, wiring lengths and all the small stuff that can get to you after a while.
Belts is a simple matter of pulley swapping, if it's even required. I doubt hose location and routing changes much. neither does wiring. Weren't you the one showing me a VG30 auction off of Ebay? ;) Don't confuse yourself, a VG30 is a VG30, no more, no less. The only major differences I am aware of are the intakes, which vary from the Pathfinder to the Z and to the JDM stuff.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
its conversations like this that I have to be excluded from b/c I will lose rep points-- LOL

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
0341TODD said:
its conversations like this that I have to be excluded from b/c I will lose rep points-- LOL
Which really makes me want to know why SKD_Tech has a rating of 105... :rolleyes:

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
AZ-ZBum said:
Which really makes me want to know why SKD_Tech has a rating of 105... :rolleyes:
Because someone feels sorry for him...they aren't necessarily from the Z section; I think they might be from mods and being a post whore in off-topic.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
He made a couple decent contributions which I felt deserved some rep points. I'd do the same for any of you. Actually, I have. ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
z31-84 said:
It's the same engine, save the oil pan and intake manifold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts