Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 280zx and i was planning to rebuild the stock engine, when i heard i could install an rb25/26. the engine should fit seeing as how im running an inline 6... but would i benefit from it or should i just stick with wat i got?

·
Registered
113 Posts
monkieboi said:
have a 280zx and i was planning to rebuild the stock engine, when i heard i could install an rb25/26. the engine should fit seeing as how im running an inline 6... but would i benefit from it or should i just stick with wat i got?
anything is possible. the main question here is, how deep is your wallet?. the l28 engines are really good. and you can achieve alot of hp / tq out of an l28. what do you plan on using the car for?.

·
Think outside "The Box"
250 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
510Mods said:
With carefull and simple modifying, you could make a nice L31 stroker from the L28. http://zhome.com/rnt/L28conversion/3031FAQ.html
honestly i wouldnt even do that if my purpose was to make the car a street rod. i have seen an l28 with stock stroke and stock bore put out near 300 hp. i know because i know the person who built the engine and i know the owner of the Z. and that car is daily driven with out a problem. as a matter of fact i got the link to show you. www.darrellsdatsun.com. check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts