Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
As Canadian ambassador to OT, I'd like to take this time to laugh at your signature.

That was sweet though. You can't bash a honduh that drives like that.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
spelch said:
As Canadian ambassador to OT, I'd like to take this time to laugh at your signature.

That was sweet though. You can't bash a honduh that drives like that.
Thanks, Ive gotten a lot of PMs from people about it, I even pissed off one that I wont name and said that my sig sucks until i explained that i used to live in canada. Anyways, I couldnt tell if that Skyline was a GT-R or not

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I've seen that vid before and to what I understand that was an actual GT-R. From a dig that Civic would have been smoked but from a roll the Skyline got owned. I guess Skylines aren't the highway monsters like Supras.

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
Supras are still my all-time favorite cars. Well, street-legal cars anyway.

·
The Right One Baby!
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All-wheel drive slows cars down at top-end races like that. That's why the Supra or any car with a motor capable to beat keep up with a skyline will eventually beat it. Off the launch though the Skyline will dominate all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
lmao. i think i have this figured out...the skyline isn't racing! i've watched the video several times, and the distance between the skyline/civic and the rest of the traffic doesn't really change that much in between runs. even if they weren't racing to that high of speeds, a gap would eventually develop. the civic is slowing down and downshifting to make it look like he is pulling on the skyline, who isn't racing, just looking at the smack-tard in the civic, who pulls away, and then slows down really slow to allow the skyline to catch up again. rinse, repeat.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Unfortunately, it does look like one. I paused the video and checked the location of the GTR badge, it's in the right place. So it's either a mostly stock R32, or a ricer GTS-t. The wing is a stock GTR wing, however, so I think that's what it is......

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Glyphon said:
lmao. i think i have this figured out...the skyline isn't racing! i've watched the video several times, and the distance between the skyline/civic and the rest of the traffic doesn't really change that much in between runs. even if they weren't racing to that high of speeds, a gap would eventually develop. the civic is slowing down and downshifting to make it look like he is pulling on the skyline, who isn't racing, just looking at the smack-tard in the civic, who pulls away, and then slows down really slow to allow the skyline to catch up again. rinse, repeat.
Yeah it actually did look like what you're saying. I noticed that on the first pull, all the rest of the traffic stayed about even with the Skyline. Unless they were ALL racing and I find that unlikely. Nope, the GTR wasn't doing anything, not much anyway. I've seen videos done like that to make Civics look like their pulling on Corvettes and other cars too. :rolleyes:

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
watch the tach in the honduh, he drops the RPMs down to like 1500 (letting off the gass completly) until he cathes up, then you see them shoot up and he downshifts (cheater :wink: ) and passes him up.

So it's either a mostly stock R32, or a ricer GTS-t
thats about as much rice as you can get

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
About between 30 and 45 seconds into it, the Skyline is messing with him, pulling up, dropping back, at one point leaves him altogether. AFTER the Sky stops pulling is when the Honda zooms by. If you notice, at one point the Honda is beatin feet and the Sky pulls up quick, right at that point Honda boy backs off the gas. You can tell on and off the gas pedal by the way the camera moves..........I can see every gear change that Honda makes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yup. this video is nothing more than "trick photography" to make the civic look cooler than it is. lame. thats worse than lame. i don't know what that is, but its pretty bad. i guess i'll call it rice-reject: rice that didn't pass qc.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yeah it actually did look like what you're saying. I noticed that on the first pull, all the rest of the traffic stayed about even with the Skyline. Unless they were ALL racing and I find that unlikely. Nope, the GTR wasn't doing anything, not much anyway. I've seen videos done like that to make Civics look like their pulling on Corvettes and other cars too. :rolleyes:
That does make sense...I dont see an entire highway of people racing because their is a guy in a Civic cursing at a Skyline. I curse all the time when I drive the family minivan and no one ever tries to race me. :p

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Glyphon said:
yup. this video is nothing more than "trick photography" to make the civic look cooler than it is. lame. thats worse than lame. i don't know what that is, but its pretty bad. i guess i'll call it rice-reject: rice that didn't pass qc.
SAd part is, I was gonna blame it on a weak ricey Skyline (is there any such thing?).......til about the 3rd time I watched the video all the way through and started noticing minor details. But hey, I'm slow after midnight, what can I say......... :loser:

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
NickZac said:
That does make sense...I dont see an entire highway of people racing because their is a guy in a Civic cursing at a Skyline. I curse all the time when I drive the family minivan and no one ever tries to race me. :p
Obviously haven't been in my neck of the woods, the ricers around here will race anybody. Even people driving SUVs..... ;)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
DOWNSHIFTING IS CHEATING! Also just because the badge is in the right place doesn't mean it's a real GTR but I agree with you guys. That skyline wasn't pulling anything.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
street racing is ghey. I hope they hit matching telephone poles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts