Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably but just for fun, is it possible to swap a skyline engine into a 99 nissan sentra? And if yes, how much do those cost?
Steveo

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
I think it would be easier grafting a skyline front clip onto the front of a clipless B14, than it is to basically gut out the entire engien bay (since the engine will barely fit) and then the entire drivetrain and transmission and all its mounting points.
If you want a faster car, take a mustang V8 and shoehorn it in. It will sound better too.

Seth

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh yes they did!
Man stay real, I would say it will be a hell of a work to do this, but like e2001gxe said anything is posiblle with the right bouget. Just buy a complete Skyline and a sentra bodie and begin to weld :)

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Yeah the RB into an s13 or s14 is rare, but doable, because the car is RWD, and the skyline has RWD/AWD, so its compatible...just mounds differently thats all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
rb26dett....2.6 liters of love....wait a sec...the spec-v is running a 2.5 liter hmmm...(if only we could dream of fitting a monster 6 cylinder powerplant like the GT-R's into my lovely SE-R....too bad size is about all the have in common)

Was gonna hold out til the R35 GT-R..but opted for Victoria (my spec-v) instead....somethig about that 50k dollar difference not to mention the wait and the insurance...oh, if only we could have all of them at once...gotta keep dreaming:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, wish it were possible; the fact that the transmission tunnel, differential and power routing would have to be severly altered, there is also the ecu to deal with(FWD vs. AWD/RWD), fitting the I-6 into the bay, matching up the trannies, etc. etc.

The interchangeability of Nissan parts is reknowned, but even this one is outta the range....

Might as well just pray that the the R35 runs a VQ35DETT, so i can just buy a 350Z (DOH!!) and massage the engines (DOH!!)

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts