Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to convert my rear and my front to a skline then get wide body fenders? Cause on ebay once and awhile theyll have a front end of a skyline and some times theyll have a backend of the the skyline and i was just wondering if it would fit on a 93 coupe.
Thanx

·
Registered
446 Posts
How much money do you have? Anything's possible w/ money. It's def. not an easy task...I'm actually not sure how one would go about doing that...but anything's possible...

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
It would take dramatic modification of the 240 frame. It might end up looking really retarded too. The front end would be equally hard. If you're looking into conversions, I would recommend sticking with S13 Silvia or 180SX.

·
Registered
272 Posts
in my opinion the only skyline conversion taht looks good is the R32 style on the S13 240sx coupe...get the front end of off ebay or something and also the lights and have them installed professionaly and it looks pretty dead on to the Skyline R32

·
Registered
272 Posts
for the rear end...if you want it to be dead on..you should get the rear fenders...or just the taillights if your not 100% influenced by detail.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All look more into the price of converting it. Is it possible to use the rb26dett and make the 240 all wheel drive.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
All look more into the price of converting it. Is it possible to use the rb26dett and make the 240 all wheel drive.
once again, how much money do you have?

·
Registered
272 Posts
anything is possible with money...it rules the world...yes the all wheel drive can be done with the RB26DETT...but its alot of money... the RB26DETT engine swap alone costs about 10k. I would assume more to make it All Wheel drive...

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
ckykm said:
anything is possible with money...it rules the world...yes the all wheel drive can be done with the RB26DETT...but its alot of money... the RB26DETT engine swap alone costs about 10k. I would assume more to make it All Wheel drive...
i can see where an awd s13 could potentially be cool, but for 30k, just go get a scooby or something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
10k for a rb swap? I bought my rb25det for 1800 and 650 shipping with only 7,500Km on it. I can get a rb26dett an rb25det tranny for 3800. Anyone can import a car you don't have to go through moto, they just rip you off. I can go over to japan goto a junkyard buy a mint condition R33 GTR for 8k have an agent do all the paper work then ship the car here for another 3k. If I had 15k i'd do it. Sometimes its all about who you know not what you know.
-Alex

·
Registered
272 Posts
Slo_240 said:
10k for a rb swap? I bought my rb25det for 1800 and 650 shipping with only 7,500Km on it. I can get a rb26dett an rb25det tranny for 3800. Anyone can import a car you don't have to go through moto, they just rip you off. I can go over to japan goto a junkyard buy a mint condition R33 GTR for 8k have an agent do all the paper work then ship the car here for another 3k. If I had 15k i'd do it. Sometimes its all about who you know not what you know.
-Alex

You are correct, but he was also talking about making it AWD so he would keep the RB26 trans. It could turn into a 10k project, so can an SR swap, its just how much you want to put into the swap. Also your right bout who you know, but not everyone knows someone

·
Registered
49 Posts
ckykm said:
You are correct, but he was also talking about making it AWD so he would keep the RB26 trans. It could turn into a 10k project, so can an SR swap, its just how much you want to put into the swap. Also your right bout who you know, but not everyone knows someone
This has been discussed over at ********.com. Someone started the project and realized he couldn't do it so he ended up selling it. Lateron the person that bought it did it. IMO what would be the point. Rwd can be just as good as awd if you can get it to hook Unless youre going for a show car. To start, you'll need everything from a skyline including front suspension for the awd hubs. its more fabrication than anything else and unless you work for one sweet fab shop I recommend you don't try the swap in your garage. I think the guy that has the swap said his transmission is sitting 3 inches off the ground. No thanks I'll pass on that. But best wishes and good luck if you end up trying it.
-Alex

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx for all the info. I dont know if i want to try it now. That would be a ton of work and alot of money.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i dunno i think it would be a stupid idea. you can pretty much buy a skyline for the amount that would cost you, plus it might look/perform sketchy... go nuts, but you might as well get the real deal cause nothing will look quite like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts