Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 HB with the Z24 and when I am driving the truck it starts to skip like it is running out of gas when I am trying to keep a constant speed. It runs fine taking off and down shifting just won't run smooth when I am trying to stay a steady speed. It has 275000 miles on it and when I got it 2 years ago I put spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor and sparayed the carb clean. It has always done it.

Any Ideas?????

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,229 Posts
If you drive the truck on a regular basis, then two years on a set of plugs is a long time; replace them.

Check for possible vacuum leaks. If nothing else works, a rebuild of the carb might be in order.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sounds like your fuel pressure is incorrect! so check your fuel pressure and check your fuel bowl, it could have some particles from those old fuel lines! They could be blocking your main fuel metering jets. Oh yeah, one more thing! check the security of your distributor, rotor and play in that spindle drive gear for the oil pump/ distributor!

·
Registered
18 Posts
no see that sounds like igniton to me check distributor its not firein right new plugs wires and possible coils old trucks need alittle love the distributor points might be flat if it isnt that then i would start messin with the fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts