Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it would be dumb but im curious, would the r35 gt-r work with g37 6 spd manual tranny, I hear so many tranny problems with the r35 and wonder if this would be an alternative worthy of consideration?, I know the main reason it's so great is its tranny but I personally think 6 spd would be funner and would like to know if it would work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know it would be dumb but im curious, would the r35 gt-r work with g37 6 spd manual tranny, I hear so many tranny problems with the r35 and wonder if this would be an alternative worthy of consideration?, I know the main reason it's so great is its tranny but I personally think 6 spd would be funner and would like to know if it would work.
i don't think it would but if im not mistaken isn't the tranny on the new R35 in the rear with the diff and the G37 is up front with the motor? i don't see how thats gonna work on an R35???

·
Registered
630 Posts
ya it wouldnt work...

and the reason why there are soooo many tranny problems on the new GTR35 isnt due to design, its because people get there car and smash the hell out of it fresh from the box... there is a reason why you "break" the engine in, its not just hte engine that needs the break in period

·
Registered
101 Posts
ya it wouldnt work...

and the reason why there are soooo many tranny problems on the new GTR35 isnt due to design, its because people get there car and smash the hell out of it fresh from the box... there is a reason why you "break" the engine in, its not just hte engine that needs the break in period
that is very true. all new vehicles have a break in period. new owner's tend to slam on the gas right off the bat once they leave the dealer. yeah you'll have the joy of feeling the power but people neglect to forget that once you have a failure, taking it back to the dealer doesn't mean you'll get it back that same day or the day after or the day after. the dealer will run tests and investigate why it happened. then some cases will require the tech. to notify their shop foreman and submit a case if needed to either repair or replace the failed part in the car. once they do approve it will take about another day or 2 to get the part and then from there the tech. has to install it. another half a day or a full day to make sure everything is working to factory specs and then release it to the customer. its a process to do things like this. trust me i know this cuz i work for BMW. when i bought my 335i twin turbo it required me to a break in period at 1200 miles and then i can launch the living hell out of it. i've seen my same car pull into the dealer with broken diff's, leaking high pressure pumps for the fuel failures and other components to the drivetrain under the break in period. of course even though the car has factory warranty they will tell the customer that it was customer neglect to vehicle and that it would have to be repaired and payed by the customer and not covered under warranty. then they try to get slick and take it to another dealer but that other dealer will already have the vehicle history repairs and then they will tell the customer the same thing. its basically the dealer covering their ass's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts