Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can suspend my 40 dollar Ebay K&N filter charger so its not flopping around behind the battery? It concerns me that its just all loose there and i'm always checking to make sure all the connections are on tight.

any advice would be appreciated

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Here's my advice. when Jim wolf sends their filter, they include a piece of metal that screws into the filter and then into the car body. I took a picture of it on my digi cam, but I can't find a cord to connect to my computer, so I drew a diagram.

you can buy a thin but sturdy piece of metal (about 8" long) at the home depot. drill a hole at both ends. slide one end onto one of the screws at the MAF, and screw the other end to the body (you can use one of the holes that the old intake box was using) it will sturdy the thing well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks man, I'll do that after i put my Focuz header in :)
just got 'em in the mail, when do you think the stromung stuff will get in?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the same set up before I got my CAI. I had the similar piece of metal holding it up but is snapped. So I redrilled the holes and it lasted for another minute or two before it snapped again. I wound up using a zip tie to secure that muthaf*@ker and that did the job. Damn it was a nightmare. ..

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
1997 GA16DE... noticed something in your picture. You have your brace, which is good, mounted between the MAF and the filter charger, you should put the mount between the MAF and the head of the bolt, that way you don't have that little gap in there and air won't leak in from there. Just loosen the bolt and move the bracket...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
200'side said:
I had the same set up before I got my CAI. I had the similar piece of metal holding it up but is snapped. So I redrilled the holes and it lasted for another minute or two before it snapped again. I wound up using a zip tie to secure that muthaf*@ker and that did the job. Damn it was a nightmare. ..
What did you zip tie it to?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Behind the brake fluid there's a metal piece (what its for I dont know). It was sturdy and secure and could handle the weight of the filter and could hold it up from getting all cramped behind the battery. I wound up using about 3 ties. It was ghetto, yes ... but it worked for the time that I was waiting for my CAI. Now it looks all purdy ...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
200'side said:
Behind the brake fluid there's a metal piece (what its for I dont know). It was sturdy and secure and could handle the weight of the filter and could hold it up from getting all cramped behind the battery. I wound up using about 3 ties. It was ghetto, yes ... but it worked for the time that I was waiting for my CAI. Now it looks all purdy ...
hmmm, how about you sell me your CAI for really cheap and you can perfect the zip tie method?
:)

I'll try it out then put some pics up

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ha ha ha ... Chillen on that idea. I probably could have perfected it but the CAI was on its way. Do what you gotta do, just make sure you secure it to something non-vital and can hold it. Good luck.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
James said:
1997 GA16DE... noticed something in your picture. You have your brace, which is good, mounted between the MAF and the filter charger, you should put the mount between the MAF and the head of the bolt, that way you don't have that little gap in there and air won't leak in from there. Just loosen the bolt and move the bracket...
Yeah, I noticed that too when I snapped the picture. I just have to get around to fixing it now. (I was such an ameteur when I put that on):D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how often should I oil my K&N filter? Or should I leave it as is?
Someone told me to oil it every other week, someone else told me leave it as is. ... aaaaah
what to do?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts