Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 91 nissan silvia s13 and just had a sr20det engine installed..
The car starts but does't run smooth and black smoke comes out the exhaust. It runs smoother when you take it over 3000 revs. Anyone know what i could try to fix the problem? thankss

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The car starts but does't run smooth and black smoke comes out the exhaust. It runs smoother when you take it over 3000 revs. Anyone know what i could try to fix the problem? thankss
id check for any intercooler and pipe leaks. black smoke normally seems to mean unburned fuel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no leaks in the pipes but im thinking there is a problem with unburned fuel.. the engine also shakes a lot and the exhaust is really loud...

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
have you done a boost leak test? if not then how do you know for sure there aren't any leaks? a pipe blew off on me last week and it was doing the same as yours. could you post a video of what its doing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
are you running an atmospheric B.O.V.? what ecu are you using? make sure it's an sr20det ecu. did you check your mafs? if you have an atmospheric bov that is your problem. recirc it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts