Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i was curious about the quality of silverstar halogen lamps. I want good looking headlight but im not really willing to pay 400 bucks for some hids... are silverstars good? I can get a set for 25 bucks, is it worth it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
IMO there the best bulb for the money, They look nice and white with a little purplish hue from far away, but they light up the road nicely

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that the Silverstars would be the best, according the price they were about the most expensive bulbs out there. :mad: Boy was I wrong. I used to own a 1998 Jimmy and even though the Silverstars were brighter, there were not bright enough for me. I wanted that pure white look. Get bulbs by either FX or Eurolite, both can be found on ebay, e-mail me if you cant find them and need help. I bought the FX. Bulbs now are measured by their color, or Kelvin temp. Factory bulbs are usually around 3000K, a kind of yellow color, HID's are from 6000-8000K, that blue color, the FX i have are 5000K. They are the brightest and whittest aftermarket bulb for sale right now (other than the new 5100K by FX).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1997 GA16DE said:
cool, I just got the XD5 bulbs for my car (same maker as the FX) on ebay. Fortunately for me, he was selling a combo package of both 9004 (for my headlights) and H3s (for my fog lights). Now I will have some nice bright 5100K in both my heads and fogs. BTW, you can also order them at http://globalpremier.com/
The XD5, are the new 5100K bulbs i was talking about. That is also the same buyer i bought mine from on eBay. Great seller, gets a little confused sometimes though....long story :rolleyes:
Hope you like the bulbs...i absolutely love mine and have gotten three of my friends to make the switch to the FX/XD5's.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont have a box around me but i have been pulled over numerous times for my underbody neons and what not and never had a cop say anything about them at all to me. Ill look for the box tomorrow and see if it doesnt say on there.

·
j-lu
1,237 Posts
I just installed my new XD5 Bulbs.(Headlights and Fog lights)
They look very nice.
white and blue (Headlights)
just white (Foglights)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I use the Sylvania Cool Blues, which are sort of the predecessor to the Silver Stars. I'm very happy with the bulbs. They're not overly bright, but the color is excellent - a nice, clean, bright white with no hint of blue. They also have lasted a long time - I'm thinking they've been in there for more than two years.

·
j-lu
1,237 Posts
I'm happy with the XD5. They look like really HID(Headlights)
What I said is that Head and Fog Lights don't match
The Headlights look very nice not the foglights

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
did he say HID?!!

5200 Kelvin

6000 Kelvin

( pic came out more blue than in real life )

7000 Kelvin

7500 Kelvin

WOW !! SO BEAUTIFUL !!! :p

·
Registered
722 Posts
dang the reason why samo likes the cool blues is the reason i regret buying them. I want a slight hint of blue but still legal. guess i got to sack up on some real hids. wish i saw these bulbs before i bought thoes cool blues. and since they don't have any hint of blue in them why have them in blue packaging and give them the name cool blue. thats false advertising! if i knew they weren't any blue in them i would have bought the bulbs my stereo shop had i could just look at them and tell they would give me all the blue i needed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts