Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any slicone hose kits that are already made??

I just know of a company here in the UK that just needs 10 orders and some pipework to get it rolling...thought there might be some interest but didn't want to put a GB thing up just incase there is already a kit out there and i couldn't find it...

cheers

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
wes said:
I believe a company called hose techniques makes a kit, granted they are in the US and I thought you were overseas...
correct on the name, and justin has some I believe from them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wes said:
I believe a company called hose techniques makes a kit, granted they are in the US and I thought you were overseas...
I am overseas... :(

sorry, didn't mean a GB on here...i meant for my nissan forum in the UK...but if there is already a decent priced one kicking about then it wouldn't be worth sorting another manufacturer out...

cheers

still no sign of a gasket though wes... :mad:

*edit* sorry i don't know who justin is on here...is it his screen name or is that different??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nismo1.6 said:
justin= Ninety-Nine SE-L

also, mike young (myoung) has a kit as well. please click here to see mikes car
Cheers for that...so they haven't got a coolant hose kit out then...just a dress up kit for vaccuum hoses and pipes etc...??

Will have to look into this company a little bit more than and see what can be done!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wes said:
Samco makes a kit for the SR20 and the lower hose is the same shape with a slightly different hose diameter, although it can easily me made to work, it's the upper hose they don't have...
But whats the point in botching something to fit when i have the oppurtunity to get something bespoke made up and will fit perfectly...

Yep...i spoke to samco and they're just a pain in the Butt...they want so many orders...something like 30 and then a deposit and then the first orders will cost extra for tooling costs and then they just turn around and say...err no..:(

soooooo i'll have a word with this other company see what they can do...maybe you lot in the states would be interested as well...who knows... :rolleyes: 10 people i don't think would be hard to find in the UK but if theres a bigger market then great! Don't think shipping costs would be that extortionate to the states or from the states to the UK either...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
myoung said:
Samco is also located in the UK.. Looks like you already knew that..

Try Hose Techniques

and remember to tell them where you heard it.. ;)
Cheers mike i'll certainly enquire about the hose dress up kits but i'm looking at getting radiator hoses etc all done up in silicone so it's a case of getting them manufactured from scratch. They're a rather helpful company as well, i'm just trying to source some second hand piping for free at the moment... :rolleyes:

oh and samco are just a bunch of idiots when it comes to trying to get something made up for a car not on there list and possibly not the most popular about. They just tend to ignore you or mess you about so i've given up with them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts