Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the Silicon Windshield wipers that are guaranteed for 5 years or so? IF so, how well do they work and how often do they squeak? Do you think it was worth the extra money to get them? I think they would be because I find it a nusience to change them every 3 or 4 months because they are leaving streaks and squeaking all the damn time.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
xbrandonx said:
has anyone tried the Silicon Windshield wipers that are guaranteed for 5 years or so? IF so, how well do they work and how often do they squeak? Do you think it was worth the extra money to get them? I think they would be because I find it a nusience to change them every 3 or 4 months because they are leaving streaks and squeaking all the damn time.
I had a set that lasted about 4 years... :thumbup:

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
I got the Bosch Micro-Edge golds, and they are on their second year of holy-crap-awsomeness. But they were also like $27 for the set.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i got the bosch as well but through the winter they have setteld on one side (they dont filp over when the wiper changes direction) and they chatter like mad, so i need to find some new wipers now :( bought them less than 7 months ago.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
myoung said:
I had a set that lasted about 4 years... :thumbup:
great, what brand did you get?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Bosch I have and while not dissapointed, I am not all that impressed either. They did great for only a year; I said "what the heck" and bought a new set of MicroEdges this week. PIAAs will last upwards of five years; they are the ones that never die. RainX makes wipers now; I have not used them enough to know how long they last, but they work damned good.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
im going to buy a set of rain-x wipers then.

i also use a chemical called "vision blade" STP makes it and it comes in a small blue squgee looking container. i have it on all our cars and it lasts over a year without reappling any. ice wont even stick, i just go out to my car and hit a window with my fist and it all falls off. :thumbup: i have a stock pile of the stuff because my local bargan bin store had a huge shipment and it was like $1 each...............spent close to $20 that day :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Silicon Blades

Ok. Ok. So they're good. But how are they in Winter? Will this solve the problem of my blades hardening?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
sukebegigi said:
Ok. Ok. So they're good. But how are they in Winter? Will this solve the problem of my blades hardening?
that is my exact problem, they are hard :thumbdwn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts