Nissan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway to know if an SR20DET is from the Sil80 version of the 180sx from japan? Any physical signs or would you have to look at internals?

Thanks

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
ckykm said:
Anyway to know if an SR20DET is from the Sil80 version of the 180sx from japan? Any physical signs or would you have to look at internals?

Thanks
sorry guy, but he is right, there is no production sileighty, however, depending on what year the 180sx is, its either blacktop or redtop, and this has been discussed a lot, so just go look around, infact look for a thread called blacktop vs redtop

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually there was...Japan Nissan saw that many people were doing the swap themselves...so one year(i forget, maybe 1994) Nissan made only 400 of the so called Sil80's. they supposively came with an extra 24bhp and stiffer rear end. i was just trying to figure out if there was any way to tell the diff...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many people dont know bout it...i guess that is why no one will know the diff between in the SR

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
It was made as a collab between Nissan and Kids Heart. (Similar to what Tommy Kiara does)
Its hard to find the specs though. Most of the mods were in the suspension.

·
Registered
36 Posts
there is no difference in the sr. its just a regular 180sx blacktop. the differences were cosmetic and suspension like joel said. there is no reason to create a completely different sr model for a car that was made for a very limited amount of time and sold in i think only 1 dealership.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found out that there were diff Cams in the SR and a tweaked ECU on the Sil80 SR...but i get your point...

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
brainscratch said:
there is no reason to create a completely different sr model for a car that was made for a very limited amount of time and sold in i think only 1 dealership.
*cough* autech s14 and s15 *cough*

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
96300zx5spd said:
Yes there was a "sileighty". It even made a guest apperance in GranTourismo II. Go check it out.
i know theres a sileighty, but i didnt know there was a production sileighty.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
There wasn't, as Joel just said. It was done by a tuner.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Its arguable as it was sold through Nissan dealers and had a Nissan warranty including all the extra bits. I think it also used genuine nissan or nismo parts.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
the Sileighty was made for one year only, 1993. The motors were red tops. and they had 20 extra ponies to them, mainly in the cams and the ECU like stated earlier. The car was more prone to the rear sliding out than the Silvia and the 180SX. The side glass and the rear center taillight cover said "SILEIGHTY"on it. It came with a different front fascia stock i think. And it only came in black. :thumbup:

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Joel said:
Why then does the Nissan magazine advert for the sil80 in 1993 have a white one on it?
Good question. Ive only seen the Sileighty pics as black cars.I assumed they only came in black. My bad. :fluffy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts