Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody i have a dilemma here.

so i was thinking about putting sideskirts on my 98 nissan sentra GXE, but my friend told me it would "look weird" if i just had side skirts and no body kit bumpers. he said the sides would look too low compared to the front/rear bumpers.

would do you guys think? any comments?

·
Cone Dodger
3,141 Posts
i don't see why not. are they OEM or some other aggressive side skirts?
if they're OEM, you'll actually see the line that goes from the front bumper to the skirts, then it ends at the rear bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the seller couldnt (or didnt want to) produce a picture of the sideskirts because we talked online. he said they were "wide mouth style." i googled wide mouth style but i didnt find any pictures of it. does anyone know what that looks like?

also, as a poor college student i am on a budget. whats the cheapest a body shop will charge for installation?

·
Registered
435 Posts
As long as they aren't too aggressive they should look fine. Like azkicker0027 said the stock skirts actually complete the front bumper and give a very "finished" look to the car. But sight unseen who knows what you'll end up with.

A body shop=way too much. If you can't do it your self I understand. I would rather have a shop do my stuff but the hourly rate just kills you. If they're not being painted maybe a couple of hours just for mounting. Last estimates I had were $600-700 for mild repair and paint.

·
Registered
311 Posts
He may mean drift style which would not look good by themselves, or even complete imo. I have some sitting in my garage because I had decided I didn't like them.

The se-r sides look good though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.