Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

Should I go to the dealer and get reamed to install the sideskirts or try and do it myself?

I ask because the other models have holes on the sides and underneath, while our models do not.

P

·
0 Posts
Just because I am anti dealerrship I say NO. I think whith some careful planning and research you can do it yourself and avoid taking it in the............well you get it. And there is a certain pride that comes with doing it yourself, you know that.

On another note I saw a GXE with just some sideskirts, def. not stock ones, it looked funny cause the back and front bumper were higher then the sides plus they flared way out i didnt like it, you wont have that problem though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i put mine on myself with self tapping screws a drill and put the car up on ramps. It took maybe 45 min to do and they look great

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MyGXEisFaster,

What did you do about the side part? there are holes that look like they attach to the body of the car, not underneath. Know what I'm talking about? And at the end, there is a longer gap between the sideskirt and the underside of the car, did u just use a longer bolt? thanks

-Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
The holes on the side are for clips that have pre drilled holes on se's and se-r's. I didnt use anything for the sides. I just screwed them in from underneath and left it like that. So far no problems. As far as the ends, im not sure what you mean? There are end caps that snap into the ends and then screw into the wheel well. Anymore questions just PM me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts