Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,549 Posts
I see you're from Norway, so I can't say for sure if your Nissan is the same as in the USA, especially since you don't indicate a year and I'm not sure if you have Frontiers or Navaras in Norway. This is what I can tell you: on a 2005 Nissan Frontier (D40) in the USA, the side crash sensors, called "safing senors," on models without side curtain air bags are inside the control unit under the center console, called the "SRS diagnostic control unit and sensor assembly." On those with side curtain air bags, the system uses satellite crash sensors. These are located along the side of the seat. To access them, the sill plate is removed and the carpet is lifted up near the side of the seat to expose the sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you're from Norway, so I can't say for sure if your Nissan is the same as in the USA, especially since you don't indicate a year and I'm not sure if you have Frontiers or Navaras in Norway. This is what I can tell you: on a 2005 Nissan Frontier (D40) in the USA, the side crash sensors, called "safing senors," on models without side curtain air bags are inside the control unit under the center console, called the "SRS diagnostic control unit and sensor assembly." On those with side curtain air bags, the system uses satellite crash sensors. These are located along the side of the seat. To access them, the sill plate is removed and the carpet is lifted up near the side of the seat to expose the sensor.

Ok, thanks, I was told that the sensor was in the door, but i couldn't find it there..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2010 Navara

The Nissan Navara is the name for the D22, D40 and D23 generations of Nissan pickup trucks sold in Asia, Europe, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. In North, Central and South America and some selected markets, it is sold as the Nissan Frontier or Nissan NP300.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,549 Posts
2010 Navara is similar to our 2010 Frontier (D40) in the US, but we didn't get the diesel option. We never got the Navara NP300, but they did get it in Mexico. For 2020, they are keeping the same D40 body, but giving us a 3.8L-V6 petro with more horsepower than the VQ40DE plus a 9-speed automatic transmission. The manual trans and QR25DE engines will be eliminated. 2021 we get an updated body (so they say).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts