Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then my 95 sentre GLE shudders, and RPMs drop slightly, it only happens when i'm slowing down, like at a light, any ideas on what could be causing this?

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i still have that problem, ive had it for few years now..but recently it got very annoying. It used to happen from time to time but now it happens everytime i hit a red light or a slow down to a stop sign. I just blew my engine, so it was replaced but the problem did not go away. Since the engine is newer than the one i had before, my final guess is.. that it is the tranny :( .
Try this..just to make sure if you have the same problem as me, next time it is about to studder... shift it to Neutral and see if that prevents it from studdering.
What tranny do you have, Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an automatic. I've thought it was the tranny, but I guess I was just hoping it was something cheaper, lol. I've had the tranny fluid changed recently, and it still pretty much the same, I do notice it's only during the first 5-6 minutes of driving. Maybe it needs to be warmed up? At +135,000 miles, i figured part of the drivetrain was gonna die on me soon.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
it used to do that to me too at like the first 10 minutes of driving but over the last month and a half it got worse. Ive had that problem only in winter last year and a year before that, but now it does it everytime i drive and evertime i come to a stop. I had my fluid changed too but it didn't do anything. Now its getting worse, i can actually feel the tranny slippin sometimes. By the way my tranny has about 190k :(

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
did you get your tranny fluid changed every 30k miles like the owners manual suggests??? ehh...no, lol.

you could try cleaning it, a product called auto-rx is supposed to help with transmission problems. people have had success with it, and the 20 dollar bottls is a lot cheaper than a new tranny so its worth a shot at least.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually change my tranny fluid every 20k but seeing as how I've had it for 43k I can't really vouch for the 90k other miles, but that auto-rx sounds like it's worth a shot, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts