Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys am new here and i need your opinions. My dad handed me down his 92 Sentra Se and its in pretty bad shape. So i would like to know if you guys think its worth fixing or not, check out the pics.

Clear coat is coming off and some scratches

Rust on the door, because of this the door hangs lower than the door frame. The other door has it to but it is not as bad

Thats the trunk, and because of that huge hole my trunk gets flooded when it rains.

Fender Dent, on eBay i saw a fender for about $30, but is that easy to install yourself?

Seat are old and full stains

My ceiling is falling

Top of the dashboard is cracked. Also hard to tell with the photo but its actually bent upwards

No hubcaps

Other problems
- No a/c (need a new compressor)
- speakers are blown
- when i try to start the car cold, like in the morning, it gives me trouble
- passenger window does not go down

would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me if its worth fixing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you want a cheap little fun car that gets good gas mileage and tend to last forever(motor wise) then yes. If you want a car that will turn heads and make everyone jealous NO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i know for the hubcaps, i bought a $12 (after tax) set of plastic ones from Wal-Mart and they went on fine and never had any trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fender Dent, on eBay i saw a fender for about $30, but is that easy to install yourself?
It's about 10-15 Simple screws and plastic bolts. Some are well hidden but no problem with a little tool experience.

Are you living in a very hot area? I wonder how these dashboard and other cracks are coming from.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Sentra looks exactly like yours, including the curled up dashboard, smelly stained interior, rust holes, and bad paint. However, don't underestimate your Sentra just because it looks bad; my ugly Sentra has gone 13,000 miles without incident since I bought it two years ago.

I wouldn't recommend investing any money into cosmetic improvements on your car until you've verified its mechanical integrity first. Drive it for a few months so you can make sure there aren't any hidden mechanical problems. You wouldn't want to make it look nice just to discover that there's a serious problem hiding somewhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Makes sense to me drive it first get a feel for it. then start the the nip/tuck and make it nicer make sure it runs though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In STL, MO i go my fender for about $30 or so, no shipping charges. i got a deal from Macco to paint my car and take off the haze, and detail many dents for $400 with a 2-4 year warranty. This was around November when i got price. Winter time is the slow part of the year, so that is what i recommend and keep it garaged after the paint. I got this deal when Macco was running one of those $100 paint job deals. The paint looks nice, with a real nice gloss and clear coat.

It's about 10-15 Simple screws and plastic bolts. Some are well hidden but no problem with a little tool experience.

Are you living in a very hot area? I wonder how these dashboard and other cracks are coming from.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not to be an ass but look forward to repainting it at macco in the next year or so...
The cheap job they do tends to go agian real quick. But like you said 400 to get rid of all the other stuff to is not to bad. And for 150 or 200 hell change the color every couple of years if you get bored.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys, but some guy is selling a 92 Sentra Se-r in way better condition than mine for 2000 with a new sr20 swap and some other modifications. So now am thinking of buying it would save more money than fixing mine however i have not seen the car.

to consul-- yea i live in South Florida, hot as balls

1 - 9 of 9 Posts