Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, i have a 1991 Nissan Sentra GXE.. 4 door with 150,000 miles and an automatic transmission.
Should I get a Turbo kit, body kit, few mods into the engine and exhaust and maybe swap the Trans.

Or should I buy a 300ZX twin turbo with no mods (wont have the money) for $9,000 (1992)

Or should I get a 1995 240SX for $3600 and add in a Turbo kit and wheels

I figure the Sentra would be a waste of money for about $6,000
Then the 300ZX would be $9,000
Then the 240SX would only be about $8000 to $9000 but entirely fixed up.

What does everyone else say??

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
PrOxLaMuS© said:

Or should I buy a 300ZX twin turbo with no mods (wont have the money) for $9,000 (1992)

OMG...GET THIS!!! no question about it!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I say get the 240....I love the 300 too, but the 240 is newer and is still powerful. No doubt I say let go of the sentra....:( Sad, but hey, it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
240 SX more powerfull??
Anyone know the Engine sizes for a 300Zx and 240ZX?
I think the 300Zx has a V6 3.0 Liter? > then add on teh Twin Turbo
And a 240SX has a strait 4 2.0 Liter?

I may bre really really wrong so please correct me.. if I am, but can a 240SX be more powerfull?

·
Registered
393 Posts
please read the post, before you reply. it said "still powerful" not "more powerful." the 240 has an excellent chassis, and the motor is fairly powerful. check out the sport compact car write up on their project silvia. id go w/ the 240 too... i like the car, and rather than having a fully modded econo car or a stock sports car, youd be the middle man w/ a modded "sporty" car, that can actually hold its own against most people that will want to rev on you.

·
Registered
547 Posts
prox - the 240 has a inline 4 2.4L.

Get the 240. Or see how good of condition the 300 is in. Those turbo's run bad at around 80-90k. But then again, those cars don't jackass around on the highway. I can't wait to get mine, my dream car! All I'll be doing is highway racing, those things own!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
please read the post, before you reply. it said "still powerful" not "more powerful."
Thank you ViViD....its hard to type your name. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not sure exaclty which one.... saw it in the newspaper and a dealership. All I know is that the 240SX is a 1995
By the way.. is there a differnece bewteen 240SX and Silvia? Is it just in the engine or what.... Once again I am just guessing

·
Registered
393 Posts
pretty much like the difference between a 200sx and a lucino. one is sold in here and the other in japan (among other places) the silvia is 'like' the japanese version of the 240sx. it has a different engine (sr20det, right?) and im sure a lot of other things. if youre talking about one model year, its gonna have the same motor regardless of trim level. i think its only base and se. the se is just a lil upgrade as far as interior and exterior looks goes... just like the sentras and 200sx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Make sure the 240 is an SE. They come with options like Leather seats, LSD, Sunroof, the cool 5-spoke wheels that look badass. And there's another one but I can't remember. If it's not an SE, go with the 300.

·
Registered
672 Posts
go with the 240 man! the 300 is temptiong, yet its old. 2-4-0!

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
Go for the 240, better to gradually step up to power than jump to the top of the ladder. Plus its younger and also may be easier to get insurance for.
The main difference bewteen the Silvia and the 240 are engine (Sivlia has SR20DET) and headlights (240 has popup ).
The 300ZX is a t-top btw, plus because it is twin turbo you may need major engine work(replacing turbos, gaskets etc.)

·
Registered
249 Posts
go with the 240SX!
That is what I am doing, soon as I fine a suitable 1997-1998 one in my area.
The only ones I can find are either green/purple or with auto tranny...

·
Doug "The Shoe"
852 Posts
Go with the 240... may not have the same mystique as the 300, but doesn't the 300ZX require premium fuel? the 240 should be easier to maintain and keep running in good condition.. in theory anyway. Cheaper, too and it seems to fit your budget. And that's what it comes down to. If you get the 240, it seems like you'd have the money to play around with it. And it's newer. :)

And if you can't decide, send me your money and I'll buy a 240! ;) kidding...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts