Nissan Forum banner

SHOULD I BUY A 300ZX?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rogoman 
#1 ·
Is this a good deal?

CLEAN Good Condition 1991 Classic Nissan 300ZX 2+2 for Sale.
$4850.00 Body Style Coupe +2 Engine V 6 Cylinder 3.0L Features Alpine Sound System with Bazooka Base Cruise Control T/Top Roof with clean inserts/ headliner panels. A/C Expandable Trunk Cover/Dash Cover, original floor mats; T Top sleeves and more.
Original owner. Engine in GREAT condition. Approx. 144,000K miles. 300HP. Never driven hard. Smog 10/26/2017. Maintenance incl: 105,400m Rear main seal and clutch replaced along with slave cylinder. 105,442m Transmission Flywheel resurfaced. All fluids replaced. All new drive belts & serpentine belts replaced. At 74K Miles timing belt replaced, radiator and hoses replaced. New Front Brakes Alignment for Front End. (New Rotors and Pads). and more. transmission and NEW front brakes at 91K miles. Newer Tires , A/C ice cold, All records, Always garaged, Looks & drives great. Mostly highway miles, Never seen snow, No accidents, Non-smoker, One owner, Title in hand, Upgraded sound system, Very clean interior, Well maintained.

l was also wondering if this car is worth buying, what are the general problems?, assurance cost?, parts cost?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Based upon the description and what they go for these days, I would say that is a find. Have it inspected and if all looks in order buy it. If its actually a one owner car that has not been sitting for years or abused that had its fluids and belts changed on a regular maintenance schedule, its rare or so I think.

#3 ·
Sounds good, but I see 300 HP for the 2x2 N/A and timing belt replaced at 74K. The HP may be a typo or the owner doesn't really know (or care) what they have - or, they may simply not be familiar with the car, and that's OK too - were 2+2 offered with the turbo motor anywhere? The timing belt bothers me a bit. Replacement is called for at 60K intervals. The first was done ~14K late and there's no mention if the 120K is done. That goes to my earlier point - either the owner doesn't know much about these cars or is careless, or the specs in Canada are different.

I am also worried about why the drivetrain "service" was even needed at 105K, for a car which was "never driven hard." I have a MY96 TT, 5spd with just over 120K, and I drive the car hard. I'm still on original clutch/drivetrain hardware.

Go drive the car and ask these questions. Something doesn't add up, for me, but it could be as simple as the owner not caring to know the car as much as most of us do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.