Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting the tranny to a manual and I wanted a short shifter in the process. What is the recomendation, B&M?

Thanks Chris 92 classic

P

·
0 Posts
sunnysentra said:
I am converting the tranny to a manual and I wanted a short shifter in the process. What is the recomendation, B&M?

Thanks Chris 92 classic

Modify the stock shifter. Relocated the pivot ball 1/2" higher and pin it. If you want it even shorter cut the shaft 1/2" shorter above the ball.

Totally free mod, feels great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Re: shortshifter

Probedude said:
Modify the stock shifter. Relocated the pivot ball 1/2" higher and pin it. If you want it even shorter cut the shaft 1/2" shorter above the ball.

Totally free mod, feels great.
Wish I would of that about that, otherwise B&M (works great except when it's really hot and it squeeks)

G

·
0 Posts
The shifters on e-bay aren't really worth it. There not actually short shifters. They are the exact same size as the OEM only the ball is metal on the ebay shifter instead of the orginal plastic ball on the OEM. I'm really doubting it would make that much of a difference.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
There are cheap short shifters at www.nopionline.com Call to order, they never have shit in stock. Also check with forum member LIUSPEED he can probably get you one cheap. I'd do the DIY hack job on the OEM shifter if it were me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you decide to get the B&M Short Shifter, check out my sig...we've got a group buy goin on.

·
Registered
547 Posts
GAsentra - I bought one of those off eBay. Hell I figured 13 bucks why not try it. It works great. I put ES Shifter Bushings is at the same time so it feels good. And it reduced 3rd-4th shift around half way down. No measurements, just feeling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts