Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done searching and feel unsatisfied. I'm looking to buy a short shifter but don't know where to buy one from or the best one to buy. I want an adjustable one that shortens the throw as well as the height. Please no flaming if I didn't search good enough, I tried.

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
jeff9nissan said:
I just got done searching and feel unsatisfied. I'm looking to buy a short shifter but don't know where to buy one from or the best one to buy. I want an adjustable one that shortens the throw as well as the height. Please no flaming if I didn't search good enough, I tried.
Didnt they do one in the 1.6 turbo section at nissanperformancemag.com.
smc something cant quite call...just remember if you payed 20 for it thats how much it is worth...then soon you drive around with a snapped off shifter. If you got time take the stock one off hack it 2 inches then move the ball up or down...cant remember. its out there.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
200sx98fl said:
Didnt they do one in the 1.6 turbo section at nissanperformancemag.com.
smc something cant quite call...just remember if you payed 20 for it thats how much it is worth...then soon you drive around with a snapped off shifter. If you got time take the stock one off hack it 2 inches then move the ball up or down...cant remember. its out there.
SMC is no longer in business...

If you simply hack the stock shifter it doesn't create a short shifter...only a smaller stock shifter.... The "short" in short shifter means the shift throw.. not the height....although most after market shifters are shorter in height that OEM..

try http://www.twmperformance.com/

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The TWM one doesn't look to be adjustable. Is that important? Also, will the stock and/or Nismo shift knobs screw on normally?

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
the pacesetter is like 70$ from ptuning.com it is ajustable and has held up pretty well so far.
IIRC- B&M makes also makes one for about 150$ im not sure of its ajustablility or its throw but ive heard good feedback.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Pacesetter makes a good one for around $70. I've used it in my other 200 and it worked beautifully for me. I am putting another one on my VE real soon. It's fully adjustable and when combined w/ an ES shifter bushing, it's a sweet combo.

B&M makes a nice one also. It goes for about $140 and is also adjustable. My friend has one in his 200 and it drives great also. In essence, can't go wrong with either one. It all depends on preference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Johnny-wonk said:
The B&M is not Adjustable. But it is considerd the better of the two
I have a B&M on my 1.6. Not adjustable. Easy to install, amazing shift feel/response.

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much shorter in Height are they compared to the stock one?

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will this shift knob fit from mossy fit on the short shifters normally?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ yes that will fit. all of the nismo knobs have a vinyl/plastic insert instead of metal, it will self thread so it will adapt to any thread pattern. (diamemter mush be the same though, or atleast very very close)

i just got a pace setter and im wondering how short can you set it? should the top of the ball be even with the threads? can you go even shorter? or should i just trial and error it when i put it on? my guess is if i set it to low the bottom of the shifter will come in contact with part of the car and bind not allowing me to shift.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
I have mine on the shortest setting that you can set it on (Ball all the way up past the threads). I took the heat shield out because I was to lazy to bend it. Shifts are short ass hell and very nice. Make sure you get a Shifter bushing also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Johnny-wonk said:
I have mine on the shortest setting that you can set it on (Ball all the way up past the threads). I took the heat shield out because I was to lazy to bend it. Shifts are short ass hell and very nice. Make sure you get a Shifter bushing also.

Heh, I took my heat shield out because i broke every one of the bolts holding it on, when i removed it to install the shifter..... YAY road salt!

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
SneakyMilo said:
Heh, I took my heat shield out because i broke every one of the bolts holding it on, when i removed it to install the shifter..... YAY road salt!
I was shocked that NONE of mine broke after reading about everybody elses breaking.

Gotta love the south! But they are starting to use Road salt down here also:banhump:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts