Nissan Forum banner

Short Shifter

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  chimmike 
#1 ·
I have searched alot in this forum and there was alot of stuff about the B&M short shifter, but nothing on how it performed. so i was wondering if anybody with a spec v has actually bought one and installed it on their vehicle. if so how did it perform, i was told that they may have a flaw or something like, they were breaking the shifter cable. so any info will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Josh

#2 ·
Yes, the original B&M was flawed and broke cabels. I am not sure if they have done anything to fix that. I would recommend theTWM sort-shifter, which is an under the hood adapter. There is also a Nissan Motorsports (not Nismo) one available through sereval dealers/sites.

#3 ·
BlackoutSpecV said:
Yes, the original B&M was flawed and broke cabels. I am not sure if they have done anything to fix that. I would recommend theTWM sort-shifter, which is an under the hood adapter. There is also a Nissan Motorsports (not Nismo) one available through sereval dealers/sites.
Thats cool thanks for the info on the SS. its too bad that i already bought the SS and didnt ask for info before i bought it. oh well i think i am going to give it a try anyways just to see what i get. Thanks again.
Josh

#4 ·
B&M Short Shifter!!!

B.A.J. said:
Thats cool thanks for the info on the SS. its too bad that i already bought the SS and didnt ask for info before i bought it. oh well i think i am going to give it a try anyways just to see what i get. Thanks again.
Josh
I just got one and installed it. The install was fairly easy. Performance wise it's great. Takes all of the clunkie-ness out and makes shifting easy like it should be. As far as cables breaking, Iv'e never heard of any B&M doing that. I highly recommend the B&M.

#6 ·
Ralphieboy57 said:
I just got one and installed it. The install was fairly easy. Performance wise it's great. Takes all of the clunkie-ness out and makes shifting easy like it should be. As far as cables breaking, Iv'e never heard of any B&M doing that. I highly recommend the B&M.
thanks alot for the info i will get it installed very soon, cant wait thanks again.
Josh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.