Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for some short shifters...the list of available brands is limited. anyone have any experience with some good ones they can prescribe? thanks.

oh yeah, also. same thing except for an aftermarket clutch. i've heard clutchmaster isn't so good, and havn't really heard much about act, or random technology. help me out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ACT is pretty good depending on what you are going for. With just the basic bolt ons a act heavy duty pressure plate with a street disc would be perfect. Turbo or nos you may want to go with a extreme pressure plate instead.

As far as the short shifter --they is a guy on ebay selling them for $22.50. Go check it out

·
Registered
781 Posts
lifetrnlx said:
i've been looking for some short shifters...the list of available brands is limited. anyone have any experience with some good ones they can prescribe? thanks.

oh yeah, also. same thing except for an aftermarket clutch. i've heard clutchmaster isn't so good, and havn't really heard much about act, or random technology. help me out.
Yeah save yourself the money and trouble... Get a hacksaw and cut the mother down, and now you have a short shifter! WALA!

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
the jwt clutch is also very good, it almost gives u stock pedal feel

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Re: Re: short shifter

Sentrixx said:

Yeah save yourself the money and trouble... Get a hacksaw and cut the mother down, and now you have a short shifter! WALA!
I have this done on my car, but it doesn't actuall shorten the throws very much. It will shorten the throw very very slightly, but it's basically imperceptable. If all you're going for is the look (or you have no money like me) cutting the shifter down works fine. If you want an actual shorter throw, you're going to need to invest in a true short-throw shifter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
JWT clutch is a masterpiece. Works great and does give that easy pedal feel.

As for cutting the shifter ... Never heard of anyone cutting it down. What up with the knob after that? Just super glue it or something?

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
Re: Re: short shifter

Sentrixx said:

this mod is actually worse for your car. well not exactly worse, but your using more force to shift. since the shaft is shorter, you have to make up for the torque that is lost. a real short shifter isnt really shorter, but its made so the shifts become quicker.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So getting the short shifter-throw is the way to go instead of just cutting the thing down?
Sound better to me at least.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Right on. Was never gonna go that route until I just saw that post today. Just reinforced my original plans to get the shorter throw.

S

·
0 Posts
look on ebay for one, i found a stillen short shifter on there for like 100 bucks (cost $262 new) and i have the jwt pp which i think is very good for what it costs (200)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Right off the bat I would go with the Stillen just because they are more reputable. But its about 4 times more than the other cheap short shifter on ebay.
Ahhh , I'll just go with Stillen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah

yeah i've tried cutting down the shifter, it looks good but as for quality its not to hot. i feel like i have to put more force into the shifts...(i'd still rather have it cause the stock one is huge like its out of a ford)..haha i've played with some real short shifters out of other cars and want to go with that, i was just hoping there was something cheaper than stillen...they're so damn expensive.

as for a clutch....can you transfer clutches from a de to a det? cause if so i want something that will be good enough to handle the det....but i'm not sure if that is possible....

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i have a short shifter i got off ebay for $32..had it for about a year lol..just haven't gotten around to putting it in. i will probably cut it some so that my momo boot can screw into the knob. as far as clutches...when mine was slipping really bad about a month ago i ordered the act hd pressure plate and s/s disk. i love this clutch..but then again..when i bought the car the clutch was almost to the point of going out. nipponpower.com has them for $220 or 250 shipped..can't remember...and they have great customer service too.

J

·
0 Posts
I have been comparing notes from different owners. From what I have heard. B&M is the choice to take. If you want cheap, go Pacesetter with an ES shifter bushing. What I am going to do: B&M with an ES bushing.

Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts