Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Shifter for automatic or manual?

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  chimmike 
#1 ·
I'm thinking you need a manual transmission in order to get a short shifter but I want to make sure on that 100% so I won't buy one for my car since I have an automatic

#5 ·
Pharrari said:
I guess automatics arent fit for acceleration as in shifting real quick.....:eek:\

I wish I had a manual
If you want really fast shifts, disconnect the dropping resistor. It is mounted on the fender next to the battery, It is a ceramic 'PEZ container' looking gizmo with the connector on the bottom. It runs hot when the car is running, so remove the connector carefully. It will cause a check engine light when removed which will go out when reconnected after a few times driving the car.

This will cause full hydraulic pressure on all shifts, and they will be instantaneous. They are so harsh, that it is too uncomfortable for the street. It works wonders at the drag strip, though.

Lew

#6 ·
lshadoff said:
If you want really fast shifts, disconnect the dropping resistor. It is mounted on the fender next to the battery, It is a ceramic 'PEZ container' looking gizmo with the connector on the bottom. It runs hot when the car is running, so remove the connector carefully. It will cause a check engine light when removed which will go out when reconnected after a few times driving the car.

This will cause full hydraulic pressure on all shifts, and they will be instantaneous. They are so harsh, that it is too uncomfortable for the street. It works wonders at the drag strip, though.

Lew
I think ChimMike would say hell no to me doing this since I am a "newb" at this. I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.

#8 ·
Pharrari said:
I think ChimMike would say hell no to me doing this since I am a "newb" at this. I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.
Well, Mike doesn't know anything about automatics. He's afraid of them. :rolleyes:

If you want to learn how to drive your car for acceleration, got to your local drag strip, run your car, and talk to the other drivers there. They are always helpful, and I have gotten really good advice that way.

Lew

#10 ·
lshadoff said:
Well, Mike doesn't know anything about automatics. He's afraid of them. :rolleyes:
hey now, I didn't say anything at all....the kid is just plugging my name in for no reason Lew.

Chops. he wanted to know how to rev at someone in a hypothetical race. you don't floor the gas to rev at them. remember, reading is fundamental.

#11 · (Edited)
chimmike said:
Chops. he wanted to know how to rev at someone in a hypothetical race. you don't floor the gas to rev at them. remember, reading is fundamental.

doesnt matter, cuz i know whats gonna happen. hes gonna go out and put that shit in neutral while rolling forward at about 40mph, revv the fuck out of it, then drop it back into gear while the RPM's are still high...fucking shit up..its the same thing as a neutral drop from a roll...its just not good any way u look at it. remember, thinking is fundamental too.

#13 ·
Chops, and I quote, this is what he said.

Pharrari said:
I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.

So, like I said, reading is fundamental. What are you doing posting in here anyways? What constructive info do you have to add?

#14 ·
chimmike said:
Chops, and I quote, this is what he said.

So, like I said, reading is fundamental. What are you doing posting in here anyways? What constructive info do you have to add?

unlike you, i have posted somewhat useful information other then, and i quote,

I've got to hold myself back on this one.

dude, how do you think an automatic could use a short shifter, like, how do you think it could benefit from one?
AND

you put it in neutral. ROFL.

reaaaaaal useful information u posted there buddy.:rolleyes:. why dont u lose the "i know it all" attitude uve shown and actually TRY to help the guy out...

#15 ·
Stop postwhoring. Plain and simple. What, again, useful information have you posted here?

your first quote of me, I was asking him a question. See the ? that's called a question mark, it denotes a QUESTION.

#16 ·
chimmike said:
Stop postwhoring. Plain and simple. What, again, useful information have you posted here?

your first quote of me, I was asking him a question. See the ? that's called a question mark, it denotes a QUESTION.

as opposed to what useful information that YOU posted? yea, go back and edit your thread about the RPMs in neutral AFTER i mention them...smart :rolleyes:

these comments coming from a guy who......well, read this http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?p=884750#post884750

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.