Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking you need a manual transmission in order to get a short shifter but I want to make sure on that 100% so I won't buy one for my car since I have an automatic
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
I've got to hold myself back on this one.

dude, how do you think an automatic could use a short shifter, like, how do you think it could benefit from one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess automatics arent fit for acceleration as in shifting real quick.....:eek:\

I wish I had a manual
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Pharrari said:
I guess automatics arent fit for acceleration as in shifting real quick.....:eek:\

I wish I had a manual
If you want really fast shifts, disconnect the dropping resistor. It is mounted on the fender next to the battery, It is a ceramic 'PEZ container' looking gizmo with the connector on the bottom. It runs hot when the car is running, so remove the connector carefully. It will cause a check engine light when removed which will go out when reconnected after a few times driving the car.

This will cause full hydraulic pressure on all shifts, and they will be instantaneous. They are so harsh, that it is too uncomfortable for the street. It works wonders at the drag strip, though.

Lew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lshadoff said:
If you want really fast shifts, disconnect the dropping resistor. It is mounted on the fender next to the battery, It is a ceramic 'PEZ container' looking gizmo with the connector on the bottom. It runs hot when the car is running, so remove the connector carefully. It will cause a check engine light when removed which will go out when reconnected after a few times driving the car.

This will cause full hydraulic pressure on all shifts, and they will be instantaneous. They are so harsh, that it is too uncomfortable for the street. It works wonders at the drag strip, though.

Lew
I think ChimMike would say hell no to me doing this since I am a "newb" at this. I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
you put it in neutral. ROFL.

BTW, to make it perfectly clear, let the car get back down to idle BEFORE putting the shifter back into D. this will prevent any damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Pharrari said:
I think ChimMike would say hell no to me doing this since I am a "newb" at this. I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.
Well, Mike doesn't know anything about automatics. He's afraid of them. :rolleyes:

If you want to learn how to drive your car for acceleration, got to your local drag strip, run your car, and talk to the other drivers there. They are always helpful, and I have gotten really good advice that way.

Lew
 

·
My ass, your face
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
omg..dont put that ish in neutral. best thing to do is just floor the gas...its about all u can do in an aumatic without fuckin shit up..
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
lshadoff said:
Well, Mike doesn't know anything about automatics. He's afraid of them. :rolleyes:
hey now, I didn't say anything at all....the kid is just plugging my name in for no reason Lew.

Chops. he wanted to know how to rev at someone in a hypothetical race. you don't floor the gas to rev at them. remember, reading is fundamental.
 

·
My ass, your face
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
chimmike said:
Chops. he wanted to know how to rev at someone in a hypothetical race. you don't floor the gas to rev at them. remember, reading is fundamental.

doesnt matter, cuz i know whats gonna happen. hes gonna go out and put that shit in neutral while rolling forward at about 40mph, revv the fuck out of it, then drop it back into gear while the RPM's are still high...fucking shit up..its the same thing as a neutral drop from a roll...its just not good any way u look at it. remember, thinking is fundamental too.
 

·
My ass, your face
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
have u seen what a shorthrow shifter actually is?
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
Chops, and I quote, this is what he said.

Pharrari said:
I can't even figure out how do u rev up if u have a automatic say if u was gonna race someone @ at the light.

So, like I said, reading is fundamental. What are you doing posting in here anyways? What constructive info do you have to add?
 

·
My ass, your face
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
chimmike said:
Chops, and I quote, this is what he said.




So, like I said, reading is fundamental. What are you doing posting in here anyways? What constructive info do you have to add?

unlike you, i have posted somewhat useful information other then, and i quote,

I've got to hold myself back on this one.

dude, how do you think an automatic could use a short shifter, like, how do you think it could benefit from one?
AND

you put it in neutral. ROFL.

reaaaaaal useful information u posted there buddy.:rolleyes:. why dont u lose the "i know it all" attitude uve shown and actually TRY to help the guy out...
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
Stop postwhoring. Plain and simple. What, again, useful information have you posted here?

your first quote of me, I was asking him a question. See the ? that's called a question mark, it denotes a QUESTION.
 

·
My ass, your face
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
chimmike said:
Stop postwhoring. Plain and simple. What, again, useful information have you posted here?

your first quote of me, I was asking him a question. See the ? that's called a question mark, it denotes a QUESTION.

as opposed to what useful information that YOU posted? yea, go back and edit your thread about the RPMs in neutral AFTER i mention them...smart :rolleyes:

these comments coming from a guy who......well, read this http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?p=884750#post884750
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
apparently it isn't clear yet.

STOP

POST

WHORING.

this thread is closed.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top