Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a shop that has great prices that has a press to press bushings in/out on my control arm?...

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Contact PDR...he has a press, iirc.

Either PM him here or at dallasimports.net.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt93SE said:
If you're installing ES bushings, you won't need a press.. burn the factory bushings out, then the ES bushings press in by hand.
hmmmmm... anyone got a torch? :D .... believe it or not - this sand nigger doesn't have something to burn that up with

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
seximagtr said:
hmmmmm... anyone got a torch? :D .... believe it or not - this sand nigger doesn't have something to burn that up with
can easily buy a propane torch at any hardware store

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had mine done at Plano Automotive supply. They charded me $20 each. They should have the jig made up for pressing them in and out now. It should take no time since it took all of the time making it for me. No other shop would touch them though because the size of the bushings were so big.

I already had the mounts off my car and it was up in the air in the middle of my garage. I would have paid anything at that point to get it done.

They are in Plano off of 14th West of Plano Rd (Ave K).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2k2madmax said:
I had mine done at Plano Automotive supply. They charded me $20 each. They should have the jig made up for pressing them in and out now. It should take no time since it took all of the time making it for me. No other shop would touch them though because the size of the bushings were so big.

I already had the mounts off my car and it was up in the air in the middle of my garage. I would have paid anything at that point to get it done.

They are in Plano off of 14th West of Plano Rd (Ave K).
I've used them before. On one occasion - they pressed a wheel bearing into my hub. On the way home, the wheel bearing fell out of the hub in two pieces.

·
Registered
504 Posts
PDRs press isnt that big....we used it for my TC rod bushings. we got them in, but it wasnt easy....there was a good deal of cursing involved...;) thanks again pdr! you saved me arse.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
Maybe you could use a C-clamp and two sockets. Use one socket to line up with the outer race of the bushing. The other would need to be the same diameter as the control arm hole. Set them on opposite ends then clamp it down and press it through. Thats what I did to my lateral links bushing, which is much bigger. Just an Idea.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts