Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i found these shocks on ebay here are the links

eBay Motors: 1995 1998 NISSAN 200SX Tein HTECH Springs (item 350160028820 end time Mar-30-09 19:40:22 PDT)

eBay Motors: 1995 1998 NISSAN 200SX Tein STECH Springs (item 350160028805 end time Mar-30-09 19:40:20 PDT)

ok so i found these two links the shocks both cost the same price but if u look at the specs on them they are different. i have 17" rims on my car and i need help on picking out which one i want to order because i dont want my tires to rub on the car after i put these shocks on.. so if yall have any idea on which ones i should get it would greatly help me instead of buying the wrong ones and not being happy with them.
holla back
:givebeer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
buy the stech cuz they have more ajustment height and they're good. thats what i have on my b12.but i bought mine from a b13 model. but you can go a little higher or lower with the stech

·
Registered
485 Posts
google will help you find places selling them. Find the manufacturer part # and search that way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey i found these shocks on ebay here are the links

eBay Motors: 1995 1998 NISSAN 200SX Tein HTECH Springs (item 350160028820 end time Mar-30-09 19:40:22 PDT)

eBay Motors: 1995 1998 NISSAN 200SX Tein STECH Springs (item 350160028805 end time Mar-30-09 19:40:20 PDT)

ok so i found these two links the shocks both cost the same price but if u look at the specs on them they are different. i have 17" rims on my car and i need help on picking out which one i want to order because i dont want my tires to rub on the car after i put these shocks on.. so if yall have any idea on which ones i should get it would greatly help me instead of buying the wrong ones and not being happy with them.
holla back
:givebeer:
You refer to springs not shocks.

With htech your car will be more comfortable but the stech will make your car looks more aggressive.

With stech your car will lower 2.4" on the front and 1.1" on the rear, and with htech your car will lower 2.0" on the front and 0.6 on the rear.

I'll prefer stech, if i could lower mine more i'll do it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
wait one sec. Are we talkin' handling prowess or looks b/c yes the springs will make your sentra look way sexier, but assuming u have a b14 since that was the years the springs were listed as, a good source (sport compact car RIP) has a very nice article on their project 1.6l b14. They said that lowering the b14 will do more harm than good since the shocks and shock mounts have so little travel. According to them its best to just save up and get a quality coilover and shock plate (stillen is the one I think they used) unless you like bottoming out and/or have the world's greatest bump-stops.
just my 2 cents worth. I might be wrong though since so many companies make springs for the b-chasis.
Anyone?
-mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait one sec. Are we talkin' handling prowess or looks b/c yes the springs will make your sentra look way sexier, but assuming u have a b14 since that was the years the springs were listed as, a good source (sport compact car RIP) has a very nice article on their project 1.6l b14. They said that lowering the b14 will do more harm than good since the shocks and shock mounts have so little travel. According to them its best to just save up and get a quality coilover and shock plate (stillen is the one I think they used) unless you like bottoming out and/or have the world's greatest bump-stops.
just my 2 cents worth. I might be wrong though since so many companies make springs for the b-chasis.
Anyone?
-mike

ok so check this out .. how do i know if my car is a b14? hell idk the freakn difference in the B12 b14 so on and so on ... i know my car is a 95 200sx 2 door 1.6l the engine code is GA16DE

·
Registered
74 Posts
thank you GA16DE. :) all I'm saying is that if you want you ride to look nice most sane people would agree that the '95-'99 b-chasis sentras have a little to lose in the wheel arch arear. springs will help this.
But if your looking to tear up your local autoX,time attack ,or Touge, then your probably best off saving your money up for a nice set of coi8lovers(they look pimp too) Coilovers also have the added benefit of adjustable ride height too. the really expensive kinds also do camber and caster adjustments as well.
all in all, you get what you pay for, and you gotta know what you want outta your ride man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts