Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i shift from 1st to second gear it feels like im hitting something, kind of like when you shift into reverse when your moving forward, but it only does it for like a quarter second but still it doesnt feel good. It only does it after like 3rpm, but before that it shifts normal. Also when i put it in any gear it gives a little resistence and feels funny. On a side note Its leaking oil under my car, it could be as simple the place didnt tighten a bolt tight enough after i got my oil changed, but i read on a different thread something about leaking gear oil? could that be something thats making it shift funny?
thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Drain your gear oil/lube, whatever you want to call it. Replace the shifter bushings. Like 8 bucks or something like that? Pretty cheap for what you get out of them. Easy to replace, talk to someone that has actually done it though. :p. That might help. If it doesn't, say hello to your new friend...Synchro!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make a grinding sound? That's what happens when I shift from 1st to 2nd and it helps to keep the rpms down. I've tried adjusting the cluth cable and that didn't help. with 75k miles I'm going to put a new clutch in cuz that's all I think of.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I drove a girls VR-4 and the 2nd gear synchro was just damn gone. And the tranny on those things suck anyways. I just double clutched it going into 2nd and the rpm's were down to idle by then and I could get it in just like a regular shift, but if you took 1st up high and then tried to put it into 2nd, I felt the grind all the way through my body. So if you can feel it more than you can hear it, that's definately NOT good. :D

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know a site that explains hot to change the bushings and just to be sure, I want the "Manual Transmission Shifter Stabilizer Bushing Set" right? or can anyone explain how to install them, and I am a car idot so nice easy terms would be great.

I know Death said he's had this problem beofre is there anyone else whose had this problem and knows how to fix it, this is driving me crazy

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you recently installed a short shifter? some short shifters are a bit too long on the bottom and can rub against the heat shield. All you do is bend it out of the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts