Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all--brand new member, loving it so far. I have a shifting problem on my 94 (4X4, 4cyl, manual, 121,000) which I can't figure out. If I shift out of fifth gear, I can't get it back into any gear. When I stop and apply the foot brake firmly, I can shift into first again. As I drive away, there seems to be a brake or drag in first gear initially (won't coast or roll downhill with the clutch in). Once I drive about 20 or 30 feet, the brake releases and the truck will coast again, in any gear. I can shift up through the gears normally (1-5), but downshifting (from 2, 3 or 4 only) is a little harder. If I go into fifth, I can only occasionally downshift from fifth--usually I have to bring the truck to a dead stop and apply the brake. Then I can shift into first and drive away normally (except for the braking action in first gear).

There's no grinding or anything--truck runs smoothly but just won't go into gear sometimes.

My uncle told me to change my transmission fluid. That helped some (I can now downshift from 4, 3, or 2, but still not from 5).

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts