Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 02' GXE w/ 50k miles. The shifter sticks in third gear and is tough to get out. At times I have to give a good pull to get it out of third. Nissan tells me the transmission fluid needs to be changed but they are not positive that will correct the problem, its also not covered under the warranty. I'm going to change the fluid this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced this problem and knows what to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Start with the fluids, but while you are under there check the shift linkage. If I recall correctly the GXE has a poll/rod shift linkage. As odd as this sounds I have seen it before, sometimes stuff can get cought in it. Also check for skrews that are backing out.

If its a cable shifter like the SE-R's then you have a whole new group of things to check... Mike, any help on this GXE question?

·
Registered
101 Posts
grlica said:
My girlfriend has a 02' GXE w/ 50k miles. The shifter sticks in third gear and is tough to get out. At times I have to give a good pull to get it out of third. Nissan tells me the transmission fluid needs to be changed but they are not positive that will correct the problem, its also not covered under the warranty. I'm going to change the fluid this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced this problem and knows what to do. Thanks.
Check if there's a leak in transmission fluid. That could be a possibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts