Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything out there that can recalibrate the shift points in a b14 sentra auto(ga16de)? There has to be something out there. For the money I think that the JWT should be able to do it but that's just me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've looked there before. I'm sure what they offer is very good, however the price is just too high.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
SoMissSentra said:
Is there anything out there that can recalibrate the shift points in a b14 sentra auto(ga16de)? There has to be something out there. For the money I think that the JWT should be able to do it but that's just me.
the shift points are hydraulically controlled... Level 10 has a shift kit that can change the shift points.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I would really love to do it. It sucks that if you have a chevy you can get a shift kit for $50 and if you have a sentra you have to pay ten times as much!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know. Can you order the kit from them to do yourself? I have someone that is more than qualified to do that for me and he won't charge me any labor!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks because the majority of the price I'm sure is labor. ANd on top of that you have to ship you valve body to them and back.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder how much they would charge just to get the peice with like a core charge or something?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember there was a guy who did a write up about the auto tranny for b14's. He got an upgraded tourqe converter from leven ten or dunrite. I also remember that he said one of them also offered a shift kit. That's when I looked it up and once I saw the price I said maybe later. I just don't have the money to spend on that sort of thing. If I made a complete world of difference it would be one thing but those two won't have be burning up the roads and they cost a grand combined!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts