Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
S12 Fanatic
Joined
·
211 Posts
I got a black leather boot with orange stitching from Ichibahn to match my shifter knob. Because the leather was much heavier and thicker than the original, I wasn't able to secure it to the trim ring like the original. Instead, I secured it under 4 bolts which hold down the inner ring down where the shifter goes into the transmission. (I'm talking a RWD car here, so I don't know how much this will help you with FWD, but here's a pic of the shifter:


Also if you go to my website and click on "Projects" on the left hand side there's step-by-step instructions and photos about replacing the boot. Again, it's on a RWD, but it might give you some ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Man, you guys must row them gates pretty hard!
My shift boot is the same as it was the day I drove
my baby of the lot, November 11, 2001.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
ALTYHOLIC said:
Man, you guys must row them gates pretty hard! My shift boot is the same as it was the day I drove my baby of the lot, November 11, 2001.
Mine has ripped twice since I bought the car, 12/4/2001. I'm giving the OEM part one more try under warranty, and if this one doesn't hold up I'm going aftermarket.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
mine is nicer than yours- my boot is the AUCTUAL boot used on the SWA site with the Grant EVO knob in silver/ carbon.....lol sorry george had to say it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Oasis said:
mine is nicer than yours- my boot is the AUCTUAL boot used on the SWA site with the Grant EVO knob in silver/ carbon.....lol sorry george had to say it.
Hey girl, you've got the sexiest boot I've ever seen!!!;) :p
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ALTYHOLIC said:
Hey girl, you've got the sexiest boot I've ever seen!!!;) :p
Why spank you- I will be taking it "in" a bit George thinks its too baggy so I will roll under the neck and apply another tie-wrap (aka zip tie) to it so that it looks more "fitted".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
There is something wrong with the shift boots. Mine came loose and I asked them to show me how to reset it so I could do it myself if it happened again. The dealer said they would just order a new one. I thought this was odd, but let them replace it. The new one is now loose, after about 6 months.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top