Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5-speed 87 sentra...a B12 I think ? I don't know all the car talk and stuff, so yea...but I was just wondering if anyone has been able to put in a new boot on it...when I took the original one off (the accordian like one) it had these rubber flaps on the corners and sides that had to go in these little grooves. I kinda want a different one, has anyone been able to do this or am I stuck with this one? thanks for any input :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you drive with no boot now? Oh, and how does a short shifter help out? Do you have the same car?

·
Registered
117 Posts
now when i drive it it is with no boot because i cant find any shift boot and holder to be compatable with my b12. i use the boot when i go to the shows and street use. check my threads hear and you will see my car. its turbo ga16de

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
agree with him^
hehe. i took it off and tried to fit one of those leather shift boots lol. no dice. really upset me too, because i wanted to put in a short shifter. maybe i can fab up a steel plate with shift slots, but that will take alot of trial and error to get it right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was able to get a shift boot at shucks that worked with a minor adjustment. It doesn't fit perfectly, but looks better than the original rubber guy.

I just cut the bottom of the shift boot to relieve the tension on the bungie cord, which made it a little more of a rectangular shape, I then just kind of jamed it down into the cracks with a little bit of gorilla glue :)

It doesn't look perfect, but my car is just a daily driver and not a show car, so it works for me.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
I was able to get a shift boot at shucks that worked with a minor adjustment. It doesn't fit perfectly, but looks better than the original rubber guy.

I just cut the bottom of the shift boot to relieve the tension on the bungie cord, which made it a little more of a rectangular shape, I then just kind of jamed it down into the cracks with a little bit of gorilla glue :)

It doesn't look perfect, but my car is just a daily driver and not a show car, so it works for me.
could you maybe post some pictures to give us an idea of what you did?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would love to, but I don't have a camera.. I will try to borrow a friends camera and upload the pics. Obviously since I'm out a camera I don't have pics of the process, but I think from the picture you will get a good idea of what I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts