Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im setting up my 93 240sx to drag race. Is there anything that you suggest i replace. here is a list of what i have done to it. Replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, tranny oil, cap rotor, belts, and oil every 3,000 miles. Is there any other things i need to replace so that my car is reliable at the track. Thanx

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
Hey guys im setting up my 93 240sx to drag race. Is there anything that you suggest i replace. here is a list of what i have done to it. Replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, tranny oil, cap rotor, belts, and oil every 3,000 miles. Is there any other things i need to replace so that my car is reliable at the track. Thanx
Yeah, the KA24DE is a source of problems. If you're going to hit the track hard, it's time for a JDM motor.
Just kidding. I would get a larger radiator.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was planning when i went out there just to take it pretty easy. Like shift at 6 cause all im doing is bracket racing. Is there any suspension stuff i should worry about or anything. I know i want to take the throttle body off before i start drag racing and clean all the carbon build up off.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,461 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
i was planning when i went out there just to take it pretty easy. Like shift at 6 cause all im doing is bracket racing. Is there any suspension stuff i should worry about or anything. I know i want to take the throttle body off before i start drag racing and clean all the carbon build up off.
Replace the air filter also. If you're going to get into drag racing more seriously, you might consider a VLSD and going with wider tires.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
bri i was really about to start ripping on you for that first sentence lol...

i would suggest a better clutch and lsd like mentioned and if you cant get wider tires, lower the air pressure a bit in the rear for more contact patch.slicks are best unless you drive this on the street too, thats a no-no.

from here your very limited on power mods. KA's just dont respond well to bolt ons so plan on turboing that or doing a motor swap. personal preference would be to turbo it but thats your choice...

your suspension should be alright for now but upgrade as you can

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think ill replace the clutch and hopfully get a lsd. Does the Ka resopond good to a header and exaughst? Im hoping to go turbo next summer if i get enough money saved up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
i think ill replace the clutch and hopfully get a lsd. Does the Ka resopond good to a header and exaughst? Im hoping to go turbo next summer if i get enough money saved up.
If you are going to really drag race the KA respondes to..... Turbo. You will some some small improvement from exhaust nothing big.

·
I LOVE MY COUPE
285 Posts
I would get new subframe bushings (either Nismo, collars, or full Aluminum), a short shifter, Stiffer springs (RS*R Race would be good) or coilovers, an LSD, and some slicks. Thats a start...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts