Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the Phase2motortrend section on Timing for the SR...but how do I set the Cams at TDC, like how do I manually turn them...or what do I do? It would be helpful to have thorough instructions. I need to get my car running...it cranks but does not run. I already set the CAS in the right position..all I need to do is set it at TDC.

Thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,222 Posts
ckykm said:
I read the Phase2motortrend section on Timing for the SR...but how do I set the Cams at TDC, like how do I manually turn them...or what do I do? It would be helpful to have thorough instructions. I need to get my car running...it cranks but does not run. I already set the CAS in the right position..all I need to do is set it at TDC.

Thanks
You can download various 240sx Factory Service Manuals from www.zeroyon.com, in the tech section. The FSM explains in detail how to setup the cams.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ckykm said:

Thanks
Use the Main Crank bolt to turn the engine over. Remove the Plugs for decompressing. Set the CAS to #1 by turning the crank manually.
Then make sure the intake cam lobes face out and the exhaust lobes face out. on #1 cylinder. They should almost be opposite of each other. THe exhaust may be a bit lower than the intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts