Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a hotshot header, then blew the "battery" fusible link and replaced it. Now my SES light is on. I figured it was an oxygen sensor, since i have seen multiple posts about people having to replace one of these after a header install(usually just the front one). I stopped by autozone and the guy checked it and said there are 3 codes, one for both the oxygen sensors-front and rear, and code p1605, which is "A/T Diag Comm Line" I have no idea what could be causing that one. The guy said that since both o2 sensors were showing a malfunction, then it might be somethign wrong with the o2 heater circuit(if it goes to both sensors). Does anyone know what could be causing that p1605 code or how i would check to see if somethign is wrong with a heater circuit that goes to both the o2 sensors? I would just go ahead and change both o2 sensors, but those are kinda expensive. Thanks in Advance, Wes
btw my 1998 200sx se-r has 80,000 miles

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nostrodomas said:
Im not sure how to check it all out, but I have a feeling its due to the fusable link being blown.
Yeah- thats likely. Do you think it is an actual problem or the blown fuseable link threw the code and now that it is replaced the problem is fixed, but the code is just stored?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Do you feel any noticable problems? If not then either wait a while and see if they go away, or manually clear the codes. If there is a problem the lights will come back on. Then you can go from there.
If you need to know how to manually clear the codes Click here.............

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nostrodomas said:
Do you feel any noticable problems? If not then either wait a while and see if they go away, or manually clear the codes. If there is a problem the lights will come back on. Then you can go from there.
If you need to know how to manually clear the codes Click here.............

No I don't feel any difference in the car. I will try to clear the codes. Your link didn't go anywhere, but I can probably figure out how to clear the codes by searching around.

If the oxygen sensors are bad, will it affect my car's performance/damage anything?

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the o2's are bad, then your car will run a little rough because the mixture will be rich. Your gas mileage will go down also. Hardly anything that hurts the engine, so like Nostrodomas said, clear the codes, drive a tank's worth of gas through it and see if they come back (And if your mpg goes down).

o2 sensors require a scope to test, a voltmeter will burn them out (And they fluctuate so quickly that the meter will not show the change) so if the codes come back, all I can recommend is to take them out and try reseating them. I hope you used anti-sieze compound on them. If that doesn't work, you could try cleaning the tip, although I doubt that will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts