Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings; this light came on constant on Sunday afternoon as I was driving out to the airport. I checked the manual and it mentions something about emission control systems.

I'm just wondering what to expect when I take it in to be serviced - i.e., what's likely to be wrong (or a list of possibilities I suppose), and how much is this gonna increase my VISA balance by.

Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
My service engine soon came on many times and nissan told me that usually it is because the gas cap was not placed on correctly. Need to be sure that it "clicks" twice. Each time the light went off about 5 engine starts later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to pass on my thanks, liabout. I rescrewed the gas cap on, and sure enough, about a week later the light went out !!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
gas

this was happining to me too I I think it had to do with the brand of gas I was using getty and it made the light go on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did a service engine or a check engine light go on? I have a 97 and never noticed a service engine light. I'm going to look good today. If you got a check engine light go to autozone and have them connect the computer. They will give you a small printout of what the problem may be. It's a good starting point. My light went on for a bad EGR valve. Replaced valve, autozone reset computer and I've been CEL free since. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts