Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 X-Trail is showing 'service engine soon' alarm in dashborad today, it seem verything is fine to drive. I changed engine oil and air filter a couple of weeks ago. Can't figure out what's wrong with that alarm? Is it still covered by 5 years powertrans wanrranty (only 48,000Km)? Anyone has this kind of problem and can help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
mine came on the other day i had a burnt bulb on the bumper light
changed it then disconnected the negative waited 2 mins then connected it back on
no more light
lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your gas cap too. If it is loose it will make the service engine warning light appear.

I had this happen when a gas station attendant put the cap on and never tightened it.

It took a day or two for the light to disappear once the gas cap was screwed on properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your helps. I checked it, and all the bulbs are fine, but the gas cap seems not very tight. I screwd it tightly again, and waiting for the alarm disappear...
Will let you know. Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
If it were me I'd get it looked at pronto. If it's NOT something simple driving around might be doing untold damage.

Edit: And yes, your powertrain warranty is still valid. Your 3 years/60Km bumper to bumper may even be...when did you buy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
had the same problem with '07 explorer... battery off for 2 minutes should solve it if it is the gas cap. if not, take it to the dealer... quick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will disconnect the battery tonight, if the alarm is still there, I will see dealer tomorow. Thanks you all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after disconnect the battery for 3 min, the 'service engine soon' alarm is gone. thanks you all to give me all kind of info to fix it.
------------------------------------
2005 X-Trail AWD Auto 48000 Km

1 - 8 of 8 Posts