Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My service engine soon light just came on, but my car isnt acting funny. What might be causing this?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just installed the intake like a week or a week and a half ago. could it be something f'd up with the intake?

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Check to make sure that you plugged all the sensor back in, I forgot to plug my MAF plug back in and the CEL came on, I plugged it back in and after a couple driving cycles the CEL went away.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
If it was his MAf, he would be able to get the rpm's over 3,000. Im putting my money on the intake air temp sensor. The one you removed when you took out the lower snorkel that goes from the stock air box down into the silencer in the wheel well.
To fix the problem. just take that sensor and stick it in the hole in the fender, down into the wheel well.
But like Wes, said and pull the code just to be sure.
I did a write up and its stickied at the top of the b14 section. Check it out, has instruction on how to do it, pictures on what to do, and discriptions on each error code.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had that problem too with an EGR code. dumped seafoam in through the brake booster vacuum line, and that cleaned the carbon up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts