Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefined
I just put a ractive cone on my car, replacing the stock air box. I took ONLY the airbox off, left the part where what i'm guessing is the O2 sensor intact. I hooked up the cone and removed the airbox completely, for about five minutes it ran beautiful, NO ENGINE LIGHT.... then bam... engine light came on, but nothing is unplugged, execpt for that little piece that goes toward the headlight that hooked to the airbox. I even plugged that thing back in, anybody have any suggestions???

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a ga16 or a sr20, but the air temp sensor shouldn't cause a CEL.

after reading your post, I'm confused. What you called the 02 sensor I believe is the air temp sensor, for the o2 sensor is what sticks into your exhaust manifold (header)... through the headshield (if you are still stock).

The air intake temp sensor is the one that inserts into the long black tube that opens up by the drivers side headlight.... From your post you have left this tube???? or did you take it off after??? I just zip tied that sensor and stuck it into the hole in my fender (that it comes out of) after I removed the tube.

Is your car running ok?

I ask because I used to have a ractive intake, and the maf adapter wa awful. It slightly blocked the hotwire (in the maf) and cause my car to idle like crap and misfire therefore causing CEL's. Made the car run really rich. I sold the thing and got a JWT pop charger instead and have had no problems since.

You should go and get the code read if youn don't know how to do it yourself. you need to erase the CEL for it to go away. won't just go away by plugging in a sensor.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah your probably right... It is a 98 sentra gxe if that helps, its not idling bad... well, sometimes it will idle just a little rough, but it stops quick. I don't think it is misfiring tho. When you zip-tied that sensor, did you plug it into anything, or did you just stick it in the hole? At first i had the tube completely out, but then i thought that having that thing unplugged might be causing the CEL, so i stuck just that tube back in and re-plugged it in. But i'm definately going to get the code read, where can I do that at btw? Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
208 Posts
ditto0011 said:
But i'm definately going to get the code read, where can I do that at btw? Thanks for the advice!
Advanced or Discount Auto Parts should be able to read it for you, then check a Haynes manual, the sticky on the first page, or come back and tell us what the code is...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno what I did, I still haven't even messed w/ the ECU or went to get it read... but the CEL turned off so I don't know whats goin on?? My friend had an 02 Altima and we put it on his car 4 a min an it did the same thing, then his turned off too??? He took it into the dealership an there was nothing wrong with it so I duno.. Oh well I guess! I think I'm still going to go have it looked at just to be on the safe side...

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. If your car is running fine, then no problem. But if you didnt fix the problem completely, the cel will come back. If it does, refer to one of the stickies at the top of the b14 section. I posted pics, and full instructions on how to manually pull the error codes. Also how to define them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts