Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how to change a serpentine belt??? are there any guides online that can help me? and will it be easy for a guy that knows nothing about cars?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
youdestroyme said:
can anyone tell me how to change a serpentine belt??? are there any guides online that can help me? and will it be easy for a guy that knows nothing about cars?
GA16 or SR20? Once we figure that out we can move this to the appropriate engine forum where you will get more specific answers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Changing the serpentine belt should be a breeze.

Check under the hood for a sticker that shows how the belt should be routed BEFORE you remove the old belt. If there is no picture draw one. The new belt will be hard to put on if you forget how it is routed.

//edit: based on a quick search, changing the belt isn't as easy as I would have thought. you better search //

My sentra doesn't have a serpentine belt so now I'm guessing.
There should be some sort of tensioner that has to be released or held back to release the tension. With the tension removed you just remove the belt and put on the new one.

Also, it's usually a good idea to throw the old belt in the trunk in case of emergency.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
its pretty easy

you just undo the tensioner on the alternator, slide the bracket and alternator down to free the belt, and remove

then reverse with new belt

Im sure Lew (lshadoff) has something from the FSM to show

1 - 4 of 4 Posts