Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the reverse indiglo gauges made for the ser but i have an se. The RPM and MPH would be off if i just switched gauges i know, but can you re-calibrate the needles so they point approriately??

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you talking about a a 200sx se-r and a sentra se, or a 200sx se-r and 200sx se.

·
Registered
393 Posts
his profile says "200sx se" so you have a tach, man.. im not sure if there's diff scaling of the numbers and stuff... anyone? BTW is there even a b14 sentra SE? (not SE-L)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1998 AND 1999 Nissan made sentra se. You could have also bought a sentra se limited hence the se-l... It had a few more options then the se.... If you are comparing a 200sx se-r and 200sx se, they should have different trach's.... ONe has the sr20 and the other has the ga motor..... I'm not sure if they are compatable.

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, it could have the same scale tach, just w/ the diff redline. and i know what the SE-L was, i was just wondering if there was just an "se" like the 200sx, but a sentra

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
HMM

Not sure about the calibration, but I would imagine it oculd be quite involved. You could alwayd get the OEM cluster from a 98 200SX SE. It has white face gauges from the factory that reverse with the ligths turned on. Probably easier and cheaper. Just thought I'd share that.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
It doesn't matter which B14 you have. Any cluster will work with any engine. They are all calibrated for 'themselves' not the car. SO if you put an SE-R cluster in a car without an SR20, nothign will happen except that your tach and speedo will have high hopes. The speedo will go to 150 although the car will never reach it, and the redline says 7100rpm even though the needle will never go passt the 6900 mark. 5000RPM on an SE-R cluster or GXE cluster is still 500RPM.
You can't swap faces from a 1.6L engine car to a 2.0L engine car. It isn't the calibration. The arc-speed of the needle is faster on a 2.0L car. So if you just set the neelde lower, it would be innacurate since it would perpetually be off in indication. The needle needs to swing farther faster to make the right speed adjustments. That won't occur when you use your old guage assembly with newer faces.
Solution: Just get another custer that fits the specs of the faces you want. If you stay within engine types, you can keep your odo. If you want a different cluster from a different engine, you can't keep your mileage.
I know because I've done it.

Seth

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have an 98 se too and i really liked the reverse indiglo also. i musta looked forever on the internet for reverse gauges for a se, but i only found them for the se-r. Yesterday, i finally found some reverse indiglos for a se at ebay for $25 (well, not including s&h and tax) They're a little bit different than the ones i seen at procarparts.com, but they were close enuff for me!

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I was going to ask procarparts.com to mix-n-match me a set.

I want the tach, temp and fuel reverse el's from the SE-R, and the speedo from the el's for the GLE (without a tach). This way the speedo will read correctly. I have an auto, so the tach does not matter as much...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts