Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I continue to have problems after it rains. The car won't start for days after. Once it does, it's fine until the next rain. I've replaced the distributor cap, plugs, and wires already - could this be the rotor itself?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
It could be. Remove your cap and look to see if there are any carbon trails. Also look at the rotor, and see if the metal end is warped ar looks burnt or damaged.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It did look burned. I sanded it down a little so it was shiny and it was firing a lot more and started after a few tries (was partially flooded i think). It's running fine now. I'll replace the rotor and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.

-Brandon

·
Registered
5 Posts
wheels_99 said:
I continue to have problems after it rains. The car won't start for days after. Once it does, it's fine until the next rain. I've replaced the distributor cap, plugs, and wires already - could this be the rotor itself?

Even if you replace or clean the cap that my not fix the whole problem. See, I had the same problem, it turned out to be the spark plug wires and sparkplugs. I did check my cap and it was fine. So either way i guess you could fix the problem. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts