Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over lastnight for my front STOCK sidemarkers. I drive a 92 nissan sentra se. The cop said I couldn't have them on b/c he can still see it while standing in front of the car.:rolleyes: I told him that these were factory sidemarkers and even say nissan on them. He suggested that I contact the dealer to let them know. I wasn't given a ticket, but given a warning. Out of all the neons, blue headlights, led flame exhaust tips, and led washer nozzle lights that hondas have in my town, he pulls me over for a stock sidemarker!?! What BS! California people, beware of your sidemarkers....lol!

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
that's really weird! I would fight it if I were you! you should call highway patrol and have them tell you the sidemarker regulations :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, she didnt get a ticket. im sure he pulled you over to find something, and thats all he could get. did 92s come w/ factory markers? i have a set of amber bmw side markers, but i need to get the wiring harness and get them installed still.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, thats really shady... I have the same thing on my car but I've never had trouble with it. Honestly, I wonder about police sometimes...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Sounds like someone was power trippin that night.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
There has to be more to this story. I can't fathom why he'd question stock side lights.

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Centurion said:
There has to be more to this story. I can't fathom why he'd question stock side lights.
Well...my car does look a little tricked out considering I have a xenon bodykit and rims. That cop probably thought I was some punk kid w/drugs or looking for a DUI. He was profiling. I didn't want to argue w/him about the sidemarkers... Next thing you know, he'll tell me to pop the hood and see all my hs bolt ons and probably give me a ticket for that. You'd be surpised how the cops are here. They are bored!

·
Registered
672 Posts
man, thats whacked out! why not just bust people for stickers from now on? "hey, adding that type r sticker makes your car not street legal. its a race car"
geez, yeah!

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
is it not legal in some states to have bolt-ons on a street car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
b13nissan said:
I got pulled over lastnight for my front STOCK sidemarkers. I drive a 92 nissan sentra se. The cop said I couldn't have them on b/c he can still see it while standing in front of the car.:rolleyes: I told him that these were factory sidemarkers and even say nissan on them. He suggested that I contact the dealer to let them know. I wasn't given a ticket, but given a warning. Out of all the neons, blue headlights, led flame exhaust tips, and led washer nozzle lights that hondas have in my town, he pulls me over for a stock sidemarker!?! What BS! California people, beware of your sidemarkers....lol!

just out of curiosity, are your sidemarkers wired to be on with the parkign lights or just to flash with the blinkers? If they are always on, try rewiring them to act as blinkers. just a thought.

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: sentra+sidemarkers=cops

Lee said:
just out of curiosity, are your sidemarkers wired to be on with the parkign lights or just to flash with the blinkers? If they are always on, try rewiring them to act as blinkers. just a thought.
Yes, they're always on but I did wire them to flash w/the blinkers...It's weird though, they flash together when my lights are off and alternate when they're on. Does this make any sense?

K

·
0 Posts
yeah well a cop made me get out and walk a line and told me I had been drinking (never drank in my life) for not having my headlights on *at dusk in a well lit area*.. (i had my side-markers & fog lights). I was on my way to a dance so I was decked out in a button up and kacki's .. so it's not like I even looked bad. He just wanted to get me for something, so he gave me a "light violation." Blah, damn rookies. I made him look completely stupid and it got thrown out. I can't stand cops on power trips. So I know how you feel man, he just wanted to get you for something else -- but couldn't, so he decided to give you a warning. But hey, at least you don't have a ticket :)
Tommy

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Kenix said:
yeah well a cop made me get out and walk a line and told me I had been drinking (never drank in my life) for not having my headlights on *
That is a text book thing that they look for (cops) is no headlights which is a very common feature of drunk drivers, so he was "ass"uming you were a drunk.

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
I am sorry but F California. I'll take 25" of snow before I come out there to live. You guys got it rough. Emmissions, Tickets for everything. California must really be a broke state for them to ticket you for every damn thing. As bad as NYPD can be I still love them!

·
Registered
393 Posts
i love california. ill put up w/ sh*tty cops anyday to live here. and ive been thru just about every state on the continent.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
CA rules! I'd move there in a heart beat.

·
0 Posts
damn the luck, i got pulled over the othe week for having shaved door handles and a neon shift knob, he said he can see the glow from down the block, so he pulled me over, and i got two tickets, one for having a bnoxious light and the other for shaved door handles. i had the one for door handles thrown out, but couldnt get the other one tosses.

·
Registered
390 Posts
actually i dont like SoCal. all of SoCal is the hood and I want to move out. as for the sidemarkers i have them clear and blink as well. never got pulled over for them. yeah I had B.S. pull overs before but I just go along with them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts