Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
hey guys, get this. The whole time, ive been running on a weak engine! let me explain. I never thought that i would ever buy anything at autozone to increase the performance of my car, right! well, today as i was visiting my buddie josh (civic, eminem boy) i see this new for sale item. its an adaptor bracket for a cold air intake filter. well i have a custom intake in which i used the metal lip off of the inside of the old air box, now the way i have my filter placed it always falls out and stuff, now i figured that it would give more performance when the filter is off, but i put this adaptor on and made everything air tight, where air was forced to suck through the filter, not only did my throttle tone deepen, i also pull a shit load harder than i used to! im thinking that i have a 15 sec car again. I totally cured the huge lag that 1st and 2nd gear had! OH MAN, now i really can't wait to get ahold of another victom! this made me so happy today!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Breather mods can yield great results! The '03 Cobra runs ultra-rich from the factory and CAI and catback yield 30-40rwhp over stock just because they increase the airflow better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not bragging or anything like that but I'm still ecstatic that they put this car out. It was exactly what I was looking for. I was going to get an '02 which is a 2V motor and put a S\C and suspension on it. It would've cost me more than the cost of my Cobra and I wouldnt have had a warranty. I just don't understand what was going on in SVTs' heads. It's almost as if they read my mind or something. This car was a gift to myself when I got a good promotion at work. I've put a lot of time and effort into my job and now I can finally enjoy some of the benefits. BTW my first car was a 1978 Ford Fairmont that had a rod knocking and got worse gas mileage than this car that is until my brother drove it and the engine grenaded.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yeah, my first car was a 1991 ford ranger xlt. i bought it with 186000miles. it lasted me 3 years. and i just happen upon my se-r! guess it was just the luck of the draw!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hey why hasnt any one else replied. well, i bet yall get tired of the "my SE-R killed a Mustang GT stories" so i guess ill let this post die a respectful deth!

·
Registered
45 Posts
????

Dam good story man!! I have an '02 Max (auto) and I've only lost 2 races so far. The 1st loss was an '02 Benz S500. We did it from a redlight. Now suprisingly, (eventhough i luv my baby) It was dead even from the jump. Then it happened.... When my Max went into 2nd gear, the dam benz kept pulling away in 1st. But off the jump, my baby can obviously hang with a 8 cylinder 300 + HP whip!!!
The second, a 2000+ Stang GT. Now this one we did from a rolling start, about 55mph. We were neck and neck for a bit, then the prick got me at top end. When we get to the next light, he tells me he was suprised I hung with him as long as i did. I felt like dragging him out his car and beating the piss out of him. Now with my Injen CAI, I want another crack at a benz and a GT.

Good story man, bigups to you're Sentra!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yeah if your shit was manual, you could have had his ass! tell me, did you happen to turn your overdrive off before you raced! and youre car has about 265hp so thats telln me that the stang had to be a manual, seeing as to how they have 250ish hp!, but hey, if you hung with him in an auto you did great!, ill bet with that intake you installed you will take him the next time!

·
Registered
45 Posts
?

You can turn off the overdrive on an 02Max?? How?
Please holla back! If it'll give me an edge, i'm all for it, ya'heard!!!!
But yeah man, that dam GT was a manual!!!
Not to mention I had my girlfriend in the car with me (adds about another 130 pounds) my winows were cracked, and I have a sub-woofer box in the trunk. With the intake, I'm PROBABLY AT ABOUT 265 HP. I WANT A REMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, by the by, has anyone else heard that adding a performance exhaust to an 02 max will lessen my low-end torque??? Holla Back!!!!1!

·
Registered
19 Posts
It depends on your exhaust setup. Mustangs with V6s almost always lose torque when going to dual exhaust. I have no idea about your car though but it can go either way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shanker said:
It depends on your exhaust setup. Mustangs with V6s almost always lose torque when going to dual exhaust. I have no idea about your car though but it can go either way.

Yeah, i've heard the same. I'm planning on going from the headers back to the muffler tip (from the roota to the toota) if my $$ permits. 4 Now, i'll probably go with a cat-back and Hi-flow cat.
Thankx 4 the feedback guys.
I'm still waiting on an aftermarket ECU upgrade. Anyone else with an '02 max with mods, holla back, let me know what's available!!!
Thankxxxx peeps!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
The 02 max only has 255 the 03 max has 265

·
Registered
45 Posts
The '03 Max has 255hp yo, its the '04 that has 265!!!!!!!!
Check out the Nissan web site!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
typo thats what I meant

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Im not for sure if there is an overdrive on the car. how many gears is it. does it say 1 2 3 D, if so, then D is the over drive. try manual shifting next time. if youre good at that then you should be able to take him. and losin the gf is always a plus when it comes to racing. A dragged out a 17.1 with mine in the car and when she got out i got a 15.9

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
anthony jackson said:
A dragged out a 17.1 with mine in the car and when she got out i got a 15.9
daaaammnn that's a big difference. I ran like 3 16.2's in a row and then my 170lb friend hopped in the car and I ran a 16.4.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
LOL, i knew that someone was gonna go there! No i actually drove the car alot better because she wasn't in there to bitch at me! ya know, i mean how can you go down the drag strip "safely". i just went all out when she wasn't in ther!

·
Registered
45 Posts
anthony jackson said:
LOL, i knew that someone was gonna go there! No i actually drove the car alot better because she wasn't in there to bitch at me! ya know, i mean how can you go down the drag strip "safely". i just went all out when she wasn't in ther!

I feel you there dogg, the "side seat driver bitching" is a big factor!!!
And safety is definately an issue!!! But i was street racing. Shit man, i wouldn't even let her in the car if i went to a track, ya heard!!!!!!!!!!!!
But yeah, mine is 1-2-3-D I'll try manually shifting next time!!! That GT is going down =)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts