Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infamous Loop 10 that i take home from work every night hails with leagions of ricers and the rice mustang scene. As a friend (forsakenRX7) and i are on our way back to my house from his, this guy in a copper tone mustang pulls up beside me. We are doing like 65 already. i thought he was gonna pass, cuse he was in the fast lane, and me, trying to mind my own buisness, was in the slow lane! well he kept beside of me for a while, and then i finally get tired of it and throw my hands up. Now considering the huge amount of drag that i had on my car because i had all my windows including sunroof open i think i faired very well against him! I went from 4th up into 3rd at the same time he did, and immeaditally pulled ahead about half a car. his headlight were at my door handels. and we went all the way across the power band, and into forth. i inched ahead maybe another foot and then we were dead even. All i coud hear was a loud wind, and the sound of his 302 screaming its gutts out! we stayed like that for like a min or two, and then i backed off as we were entering into traffic. and he did the rice boy fly by and got over into my lane! Now if i had all my windows up, maybe i could have beat him by even more, but anyway, a kill is a kill! Funny how exciting it was for my first Mustang GT kill, and now its kinda like "Civic.....OOOOHHHH mustang" yeah uh huh!

·
Registered
702 Posts
no offense dude, this is just not making sense to me. Although i wasnt there for it....the numbers arent even adding up including your drag.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, blue.... be more spesific! no offense taken, but tell me whats wrong

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can see why you dont believe me i guess. And believe me, i totally respect that. I mean, i didnt blow this guy out of the water, but he was left wandering what the hell was wrong with his car! i don't really see the drag factor playing such an important roll but i was just saying that if i had been all closed up, i would have been more aerodinamically prone to win. thats all. but anyway, if it matters to you then tell me why you thank that and ill try my best to explaine. Later man

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can believe it. Mustangs are kinda slower on top end. If it was from a stop it would be a lot different. Also, you would have pulled a little more with your windows up and sunroof closed. Racing against my friend on the highway (both turbo Z31's) I can take him by like a car length or 2 every time. But when my t-tops are off and my windows are down he will get ahead a little.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was there. Trailing behind pegged as fuck trying to keep up in my wife's accent. It was a new body style stang. It was definatly GT as I got a REAL good look at him when he rode my ass and got stuck beside me in traffic tryin to get to Anthony. What started it all was when Anthony took off from a light real fast playin around with me in my wife's hyundai. We didnt even realize the stang was behind us. When we took the exit to loop 10, here he came. Flew by me and got right beside Anthony. Then I watched em both take off and Anthony pull half a car ahead. Thats about where they stayed. well...until Anthony ran up on that van. The damn stang didnt even slow down for a rematch. he just tucked tail and ran. If only I had been in the 7. DAMNIT!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it was an auto it would be horribly slow up top. 99+ Mustang GT's with auto's have been known to go as low as 13.7 on a good track. My Mustang does 12.5 off the showroom floor and makes a funny sound when under hard accelleration;)

A kill is a kill though. Good job!

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeh, i can really believe the automatic part, so nice job anthony. good kill i have driven an auto mustang myself. I wasnt thoroughly impressed.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
I don't doubt your story but something must of been up. Maybe this guy didn't know what the hell he was doing. A Mustang GT has double your hp and almost 2.5 times your torque; of course, they don't have much of a top end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shanker said:
My Mustang does 12.5 off the showroom floor and makes a funny sound when under hard accelleration;)

Is it a whiny/whistly sound?;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Like a lower RPM hair dryer. Everyone I take out in the car who's never heard a roots style supercharger always thinks the car is broken.:p

·
Registered
321 Posts
It could have been a 94-98 Stang GT 5.0......and probably an auto (the wider gear specing hurts them a bit in roll-ons). Still, nice job matching him.

I've only raced 3 Mustang 5.0's, but all were LX notchbacks (the fastest of the lot), and at least 2 were lightly modded (I talked to them after), and the other was from a 90mph roll.......obviously I lost all three times.

I REALLY want to catch a stock GT off a light (hopefully a driver that isn't too great too), or from a 40mph roll. THAT should be damn close.

Oh...and the new Mustang 4.6L modular engine is NOT a 289 (that'd be 4.7L)...it's a 281 :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
if it was the 8th or quarter he would have ate your ass. Mustangs arent made for highway racing. Good job

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, i think that it was definately an auto!. when he down shifted it wasn't as mechanical as it woul be as if you had to release a clutch and then put it back into gear. it was a smoother type of glyde shift! i mean, i looked meaner on the shift than this guy did! and this guy was running out of steam as i neared the van, i could hear him getting to the end of his powerband, while i still had more to go in my gear! i bet that guy is still trying to figure out what got hold of him that night!

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
I believe it, stock new mustang gt auto's run high 14's stock, and they're rwd. Your car with your mods should be mid 15's. Add in the fact that it's from a roll and you got yourself a winner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts