Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I got her back from the dealership yesterday.
New AC condensor and radiator.
We still have the ghetto ass blue OEM front bumper on her, but only for a couple days.
TruColor should be done with the VIS Omega front bumper and the fender by Friday. Looks like they will also have to do some work to get the headlight to line up on the passenger side. It is about an inch off.

I got the new lights and corners yesterday. Man, it really sucks that I can not get the same lights and corners that I had. The ones I picked up are ok, but they are not as nice as the Nis-Knacks ones, in my opinion.
The Mossey Nissan corners are JDM spec and look somewhat like the Nis-Knack ones. The big difference is that there is an amber lense in the Mossey corners, that the Nis-Knacks did not have.
The new headlights are the Angel Eye style. I wish they were projectors, but oh well. They look alright, but none of the aftermarket headlights for the Sentra look as good as my old Nis-Knacks ones did. Maybe I will like them more after I have them wired up.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Sounds good, Sean, although it sucks that the new headlights and corners aren't as nice as the old ones. Maybe you'll find some Nis-knacks ones for sale somewhere.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do not want used stuff on a show car...

I think they will grow on me with time....

I was thinking about some other options as well....

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, just got off the phone with the body shop, and everything (other than the new carbon fiber hood that I'm waiting for) is ready. Looks like I will have the car back to 95% by this weekend!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAMN that was quick....CONGRATS and UKNOW U gotta post pics....I say leave the orange in the corners thats wut makes them JDM ;)

If not Uknow U can open them up and clear them out.....

SO U really think the Nis-Knacks lights are better than the new Halos--How come?????

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
I really do not want used stuff on a show car...

I think they will grow on me with time....

I was thinking about some other options as well....
You've got a point - all my used stuff isn't exactly show-quality - a few scratches here and there. You'll probably learn to like 'em, or Nis-knacks will make something else, or who knows? What other options were you considering?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The color match on the paint was pretty good, considering I did not leave them a sample. They are doing a cut and buff next week. The lights are growing on me already. I'm wiring in the halo's today.
The reason I liked the Nis-Knack lights better is because they were actual peojectors, with a blue ion lense over the low beam H3.

Well, my future plans include R33 headlights and some kind of rear conversion as well.

I should have some new pics really soon...

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The very front corner of it (passeger side)was crushed. You can not see it in the pics, but about an inch of it is crushed. It can not be fixed.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Hey Sean i have to say that those corners are pretty tight. Can you post a close up pic?? Also, a little off topic and kind of far away but how far is Everett from where you live?? Actually i think its called, Lake Stevens, cause im going to see me cousins in late november, early december and was wondering if i could see your car in person

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry that the pics are not showing up today. It looks like cardomaine (where I host them) is having issues.

edit : woohoo! the pics are back!

Well, the car was backed into by a semi, while it was parked.
$4000.00 later, it is almost as good as it was before.

The hood has very little damage really. It is no longer show quality, so that is why I'm replacing it. I'll be selling it for very cheap as soon as I get the new one.

Teknokid, I'll try to get some close up pics of the corners soon.
Lake Stevens is like 30 min. away from where I live. I have no problem with you coming over to check out the car. If the weather is bad, It will have to stay covered.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
hey Sean I like the JDM corner look its different and the Halos look good too..... Im still considering the carbon fiber hood BUT its going to have to wait for now....:(

I luv your white and I think Ive asked U this B4...but is it like a specific car model white or custom

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a stock color. Those pics make it looka little blue for some reason. I think it is called Cloud White.

the corners and Halo's are growing on me. I have a small problem with the driver side headlamp though. The mechanism used to align the low beam H3 light is defective. It is hard to explain, but there is no way to aim that light. I spoke to a rep at urbanimports.com on Sunday, and he seemed really helpful. Well, I've not been alr to contact them sense then. It is starting to piss me off...

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the new passenger fender and front bumper have been resprayed with the stock color. It still needs to be cut and buffed though.
I'm really diggin' the shaved antenna.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts