Nissan Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
1 liter...

Actually, i DO KNOW that there is no 1 liter GA. i do know FOR A FACT, though, that the range extends from GA20 (really old engine, never meant for the American market, on some Asian Maximas) down to GA13. I should know, I actually have one of those crappy motors!

What I meant was, it's weird how people think you need a bigger engine to have big performance and big fun. Modding up pathetic rice burners and making them run like real cars seems to me to be a bigger achievement than fixing up an engine-chassis combo that was meant to be modded.

Besides, when I was talking about rant, I meant the other guy. :p

okay, it's dropped.

·
Registered
124 Posts
here is my honest answer.....

the Ram Air thing will probably not work, but i have like no real proof it will not. all i know is i like my hoodscoop and my B13 likes the CAI. http://www.angelfire.com/empire/se-r/ Do whatever you want to your car because it is your car!!!! a lil rice never hurt anyone

jr

F

·
0 Posts
You want to improve your induction beyond a CAI?
You go this way...

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Not to be confused with the $29.00 crap sold on ebay;
those are RV exhaust fan motors. They destruct and
the engine will inhale them....

This, however is the real deal. An optimised sr20, 91-93
high port is a breather... The hot shot exhaust and PR-CAI
Do wonders for a motor begging to breathe...
Do'nt take my word, ask around; then go here.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
hey sr20racer i know its already dropped but i just wanna say this...any idiot can buy a good car from the lot but its not about that... to me its about putting your heart and soul into a car you prefer to work on....and also if you think your soo above everyone else then why dont you have a chat with the pulsar gti-r guys then and talk the way you want to them and see how above you really are!!!

we all have nissans dont forget that!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
aight,
back to the first question, the ram air, sr20racer, dont talk shit unless you have experiance, i HAVE the weapon r stack intake and the ram air kit, and i took it to the dyno and with the ram air kit i gained 4HP at the wheels on the dyno, and i shaved off .4 on my 1/4. so on the GA motor the ram air does help a lot, and the ram air is better for people that live in areas where it that has bad weather such as snow and heavy rain, because your filter is not exposed to the elements so for me its hands down a better option for performance and not gettin shit in my engine via the CAI.

and to answer the sencond part to the first question, i've found that the best way to route the ram air hose is where the stock air box was, you've gotta rip out all that stock plastic crap outa the fender and have the opening facing the front in the bumper. if you have anyother questions about install or trouble shooting, let me know.

and come on people, we all have nissans, and the idea behind this site is help make eachothers cars better and faster, not to tell the inexperiaced people that they're dumb and that they suck. i have a mesage for those of you taht do berate your fellows, YOUR THE POSERS!! at least this guy had the smarts to ASK. thats how you learn by askin questions. i'm out.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts