Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 98 sentra gxe with a manual trans and the stock 16 valve twin cam 4 cylinder engine. i want to make it a lot faster and im wondering what you guys would recommend like for engine and exhaust work. im racing a 94 stock everything altima that has a manual transmission and im wondering if you think i could pull off the win on this... i need your help so thanks a lot. oh yea and ive got the stock tires and rims and im wondering whats the biggest new wheels i could put on without changing the tires.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to say, u wont beat an altima, they are pretty strong engines.....and as far as your car goes, if u wanna hook it up with an intake exhaust headers or just cosmetics go for it, its all good, lemme know what u want, i can get u good deals:D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sr20kidD said:
engine swap and loose some weight
Come on man, don't sell out the poor kid just yet. :( Engine swaps are expensive and he can get a lot out of that engine for less. Show some love for the GA16 community.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for the help... and i was acutally thinking of buying a new engine from this eagle talon but i think ill just stick with mine oh and yeah im looking to put a cool air intake and id like to see what kind of deals you've found... i still want to know about that sentra, altima race because my lil sentra can get around

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
The Altima KA24 will eat your lunch until you turbo or squeeze that little engine. Sorry, there is no substitute for cubic inches. Everything you do to enable you to run with the Altima will end up costing well over $1500. Might as well sell the GA16 and buy something bigger if you just gotta race (at the track, of course; street racing is stupid).

·
Registered
500 Posts
On that note, why don't we see a lot of modded KA24s? I guess I just never see them. I heard since it's built somewhat similar to the GA except it's longer and bigger, and sometimes it has crank balancing problems. Is that true?

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
As I understand it, KA24s are undersquare, that is, the stroke length is longer than bore diameter.

Undersquare engines are design for torque at low rpm. Oversquare are designed for high rpm horsepower (check out the dimensions of any modern four-stroke motorcycle engine, except Harleys and Guzzis [whose engines are by no means modern]). GA and SR engines are about square.

Since only the 240SX (Silvia), Stanza and Altima come with that engine in America, pretty much only the 240SX crowd would be modding, and their numbers are fairly low.

·
Surf
807 Posts
blinkedcars182 said:
oh yea and ive got the stock tires and rims and im wondering whats the biggest new wheels i could put on without changing the tires.
Since i don't think anyone has answered it yet... Unless you get bigger tires you can't put anything more than 13" rims on there.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the ka24 engine is tough because it used to be used in trucks! the SR20 is better any day. especially with turbo. but i also agree to give the GA16 a chance

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
The KA is beatable. The altima is heavier. You got a chance bro, believe it.

Intake exhaust and a 50shot of NOS and my money is on you ANY DAY (twice on Sunday).

You could smoke em for less than a G IMO.

I'd rather race a Sentra on a track anyways, strait line acceleration isn't what it's about in my book.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey ive been reading all the posts about how the altima would kill a ga16de powered car well ive a stock 96' 200sx an a friend has got a 93' altima well i whooped him until about 40 mph then thats when the bigger engine lets loose theres no way i could have kept up. it was fun though and we had our laughs. by the way mines a 5-speed and his is an auto, he also has exhaust intake and at the time his hood wasnt on, dont ask about that, all i can say was his intake was really loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts